Flowmastersuper10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daytona00090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, since putting this on it seems to have changed things. It's hard to describe. It's like the idle and muffler aren't in sync. I'm having to give it a lil more gas to level off. Does that make sense? If anyone knows of this or has a super 10 on their hemi please share... thanks.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m thinking of changing out to two of these on my truck from dual magnaflow glasspacks. I never heard of this before. Now I’m curious and may just change them
Out based on this post lol.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've changed mufflers 5 times on my truck, currently running a powerstick 20 inch. Never had an issue, might be a mental thing, could try disconnecting the battery for a few min see if it helps. I did have single chambers on an 03 mustang gt years ago and loved it so good choic3.

OP
OP
Daytona00090

Daytona00090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for replying. It is fine as long as I'm hauling ass. Like it's not designed to go slow lol

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Not following what your saying. Out of sync?

I assume u mean the tone doesn’t match the idle rpm on what you think it should sound like? It’s part of the inherent flaw in chambered mufflers. They baffle and restrict flow in an attempt to change tone, what happens is you hurt flow/power all while creating an echo chamber essentially and that’s probably what your experiencing.

the fix and what you should do is throw that crap master in the trash and get a decent straight through perforated core muffler which will not hurt flow/performance and control sound with roving fiberglass or steel wool by absorbing sound and not just deflecting it.

good ones are
Borla
Magnaflow
Dynomax
Magnaflow knock offs
Jones max flow
****** aerochamber
Flowmaster FX (never tried it)
Pypes