Fobs not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jl1968

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 2023 1500 limited. All of a sudden (this morning), BOTH fobs stopped workin (they won't lock or unlock the doors, no panic alarm, etc.), BUT the truck does recognize them because, with a fob in my hand, I can lock and unlock the doors using the button on the door handle, and when I have a fob inside the truck, the truck will start. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

CrazyHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Perhaps go into the Uconnect settings and turn the passive entry off.
Turn off ignition, wait a couple of minutes then turn back on and go back to Uconnect and turn passive entry back on.

It's under Doors and Locks

OP
OP
J

jl1968

Reaction score
thanks, i tried that. Passive entry works, but the fobs still don‘t work. I am going to replace the battery in both fobs and see if that makes any difference but I am not optimistic given that its a 2023 so the batteries should not be that old (and in any event, they have not used all that much) and what are the odds that they both stop working simultaneously???

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If it's 2023, why would you not contact the dealer? You shouldn't have to do anything.
MY guess, I doubt it's fob battery. Software or hub issue or connector loose.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
chances of the batteries being bad is close to ZERO

Use your Warranty to correct what is likely a software issue or wiring going to the RF Hub

The RF Hub is a Security Device
it is mounted on the rear wall of the Ram

If my memory serves me correctly,

Your FOBs work through it to unlock the doors & make the ignition function & allow the remote start to function