Fog light wiring connectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ButchNH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the forum so thanks for eveyone's patience. Had our 2001 Ram 3500 for over 15 years. When we got it from the dealer they had removed the damaged factory fog lights. I also confirmed from the factory build sheet that it came with fog lights. Saw the truck on their "as is" lot but ended up buying it from them after they did some work on it and part of that work they took off the broken fog lights along with the harness. Alway's annoyed me that I did not have them so last year I picked up some OEM style lights to put in. Under my truck I can see where the harness would connect but Mopar says the harness PN 82204779 is no longer available. I picked up a harness for a 2002 and have learned that the connector for that harness is set up for 9006 bulbs and the lights I have are 881's. I ordered both 9006 bulbs as well as a 9006 to 881 converter so I can use the 27 watt 881 bulbs or switch to the 55 watt 9006 if I want to. I'm not sure if the plastic housings will stand up to the heat from the larger bulbs. My last challenge is figuring out what type of connector is on the truck as well as the 2002 harness I bought so I can join them together with as little cutting and splicing as necessary. My other concern is that the schematic for the OEM harness shows a much more complicated harness that I appear to need....If anyone has any insight on this it is greatly appreciated. I attached some pictures of the end of the new harness I have as well as the one under the truck. Ideally I could find either a jumper to connect the two incompatable plugs or a pigtail that would fit the connector on the truck that I could splice into the newer harness. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 12