Fog Lights Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTRO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
First time using this forum, so apologize in advance if I don’t have it in the correct forum.

My 2019 Ram 3500 dually is having an issue with the fog lights.

When I have the truck in motion and driving under 25mph the fog light will come on automatically. For example, turning right, the right side fog light comes on, and turning left, the left side comes on.

If I have the vehicle in Drive (D) and at a stop and turn the left turn signal on, the left side fog light comes on, same with the right turn signal, the right side fog light comes on.

I did a test while driving down the road. After I exceed 25 mph the fog lights do not come on when I turn on the turn signal in either direction, but under 25 mph the fog light will come on depending on which turn signal I use, left or right.

Does anyone know what would cause this from happening?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It to light the turn your taking, there is most like a setting in the radio to disable it provided you don't want it to.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First time using this forum, so apologize in advance if I don’t have it in the correct forum.

My 2019 Ram 3500 dually is having an issue with the fog lights.

When I have the truck in motion and driving under 25mph the fog light will come on automatically. For example, turning right, the right side fog light comes on, and turning left, the left side comes on.

If I have the vehicle in Drive (D) and at a stop and turn the left turn signal on, the left side fog light comes on, same with the right turn signal, the right side fog light comes on.

I did a test while driving down the road. After I exceed 25 mph the fog lights do not come on when I turn on the turn signal in either direction, but under 25 mph the fog light will come on depending on which turn signal I use, left or right.

Does anyone know what would cause this from happening?
That is how the system works,. Same on MY 19. If U run with fog lights on of course this pre-empts the lights coming on,. They come on kinda like an added safety feature and more lighting to assist in the turn. Now that is on the Reflective LED. I do not know what the Higher Trim Projector lights do? Do not have that high trim, just a lowly Bighorn.

OP
OP
C

CTRO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It to light the turn your taking, there is most like a setting in the radio to disable it provided you don't want it to.
Thank you, will check that out…

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not seen a setting in my U connect to turn feature off, but then I only have a Bighorn, not sure on higher trims

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They're called cornering lights, and used to be more common on higher end cars. Not sure which Ram models get them, but I had them on my previous Laramie, and have them on my current Limited. You can turn them off in your uconnect settings. I think the first car I ever had with them was an '84 Cougar I once owned.

OP
OP
C

CTRO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
That is how the system works,. Same on MY 19. If U run with fog lights on of course this pre-empts the lights coming on,. They come on kinda like an added safety feature and more lighting to assist in the turn. Now that is on the Reflective LED. I do not know what the Higher Trim Projector lights do? Do not have that high trim, just a lowly Bighorn.
Ok, no settings on the radio or control panel. Assuming it’s the added safety feature.

Thank you for your reply!

OP
OP
C

CTRO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
They're called cornering lights, and used to be more common on higher end cars. Not sure which Ram models get them, but I had them on my previous Laramie, and have them on my current Limited. You can turn them off in your uconnect settings. I think the first car I ever had with them was an '84 Cougar I once owned.
Thank you for your reply

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Turning your fog lights on will also stop the intermittent lighting, as well.

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
My new 2022 Bighorn 1500 has this feature. Guessing it's standard now on any foglight equipped Ram.

Vicdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HeMi 5.7
This is how they work on my 21 tradesman. I don’t remember seeing the option to disable in uconnect, but I’ll check again.