fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My truck doesnt have fog lights (yet). I was looking to see if my truck was pre wired. When i looked behind the bumper on the driver side, there was a wire hanging down that didnt have anything to plug into. When I looked on the passenger side, there was no wire! is the wire i found a fog light wire? and why isnt there a wire on the passenger side just like it?

any ideas?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i have no clue, lol... but you could always re-wire some up

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Probably what you saw is the fog light wire. If I'm not mistaken, the fogs plug in on one side and there is another wire that runs to the passenger side that should be part of the fog light "kit". I know some people have found good deals on them on ebay in the past including the switch, which is just a replacement for the headlight switch you already have. Just with a pull out for the fogs.

OP
OP
night hawk

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Would I have to get the whole kit with all the wires and such, or just the dogs and the switch though? It's real foggy here in corpus every day so I need em ASAP! Lol

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That plug you found is for the foglights. To make them work you will need the foglights, switch, and harness that plugs into the foglights and then it plugs into that plug you found.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Mopar EASy

Not sure if this will help or not, click on the install instructions at the link. I have been waiting to pull the trigger on this Kit for a while now as I don't even have the dummy fin inserts anymore.

archerr2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you add a factory fog light kit, your truck will have to be reprogrammed for them to work. My dealer told me 90 bucks. I still haven't added them to mine yet.

Samsung Charge~Tapatalk

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you add a factory fog light kit, your truck will have to be reprogrammed for them to work. My dealer told me 90 bucks. I still haven't added them to mine yet.

Samsung Charge~Tapatalk

Only 06 and up trucks have to be reprogrammed. 02-05 is just plug and play.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Wow the real McCoy at half Price as to what i got to Pay up Here and wwe are above parady this week....(J/K)

OP
OP
night hawk

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
thanks everyone for your help! ive been looking to do this for a while and didnt know how but thanks to yall i know how now lol
THANKS!!!