Fold down rear seat mod question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
2016 1500 CC. So I did the rear fold down seat mod. (I have the fold flat floor already). So I got the 7 washers for each bolt and after I stacked and wrapped them, they came in about 3/4 inch. I took out the bolts for the 60% side and put the washers under each and tightened them all down. When I went to try to “lock” the rear seat back it would not catch. I had to trim about 1/4 inch off each metal hook that catches the latch on the back wall. I did the same for the 40% side as well. I read several threads here where people just used the washers (at that height) and did not have to trim those metal hooks. It all works great now as it should but did I do something wrong that required me to have to also trim those metal hooks? I have a leaky exhauster on the back wall which is what prompted me to do the seat mod since I had to get to the back wall. Didn’t replace the exhausters yet. Will tackle those tomorrow.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
2016 1500 CC. So I did the rear fold down seat mod. (I have the fold flat floor already). So I got the 7 washers for each bolt and after I stacked and wrapped them, they came in about 3/4 inch. I took out the bolts for the 60% side and put the washers under each and tightened them all down. When I went to try to “lock” the rear seat back it would not catch. I had to trim about 1/4 inch off each metal hook that catches the latch on the back wall. I did the same for the 40% side as well. I read several threads here where people just used the washers (at that height) and did not have to trim those metal hooks. It all works great now as it should but did I do something wrong that required me to have to also trim those metal hooks? I have a leaky exhauster on the back wall which is what prompted me to do the seat mod since I had to get to the back wall. Didn’t replace the exhausters yet. Will tackle those tomorrow.
You're OK. Several people have run into exactly what you have and have used the same method to resolve the problem.

Last edited:

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If those be metal loops on the back wall unbolt just flip them over...

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The safest method is to cut off flush with the plastic part so when seat is locked in place it is solid
lifting the seat works but I do not like the engagement point being that low on bracket