footwell lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2017 1500 express, and I do not have the footwell lights does any one have a picture of
where the connector is and what looks like. not sure if my truck is wired for them, but I would like to add them
thanks in advance

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a ‘14 Express and both harnesses are their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
17HEMI

17HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OK SO I LOOKED AND I DID FIND THE CONNECTORS TAPED TO ANY HARNESS
SO I GUESS I CAN NOT INSTALL THE LIGHTS

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OK SO I LOOKED AND I DID FIND THE CONNECTORS TAPED TO ANY HARNESS
SO I GUESS I CAN NOT INSTALL THE LIGHTS

I also have a ‘17 Express, the driver side was pretty easy to find, it was taped up behind some other wires. Mine is small and was completely taped up, I would not have even known it was a plug if I hadn’t been looking for it. The passenger side was behind the side panel by your feet, it is it front of the door and it is part of the door sill. I popped that panel off and it was right there.

Some people have said theirs was up behind the felt, that is only held on with a couple Christmas tree fasteners.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@WTM75 is correct about the location of the footwell connectors. It takes removing the lower steering column panel and doing some digging around to find the drivers side connector as it is really small and is in the same area as the brake control plugs wrapped up with sticky foam tape. Finding the passenger side connector requires you to remove the 3 Christmas tree fasteners that hold the fiber cover under the lower glove box and possibly even removing the the glove box door.
Chances are that they are there but they are very small and not something easily recognizable.

Last edited: