For those whom used alfa for tire size change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I made the change via Alfa after getting my new shoes installed yesterday and I only had to go thru the circumference change portion of the DIY I read. None of the ABS stuff seemed to be necessary. I didn't get a bunch of crazy lights etc...

Thought that was a bit odd so I double checked and the size took and when the speedo was checked against GPS it was basically as close to spot on as I could expect it to be.

SOOOO my questions are

1. Has anyone else experienced this smooth of a change?

2. Is it safe to assume the shift points have also been changed per the new tire size?

I just don't want to be leaving a step out somewhere if it is necessary. Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated.

Tx-

OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes and yes. Mine I did not need to do the abs stuff. And I know my transmission shifted different after

Perfect. It felt like it did for me too but I've only got about 30m with the new setup so haven't really had much time with it.

Definitely glad someone else had the same experience though. Tx for the quick response!

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I made the change via Alfa after getting my new shoes installed yesterday and I only had to go thru the circumference change portion of the DIY I read. None of the ABS stuff seemed to be necessary. I didn't get a bunch of crazy lights etc...Tx-

For my edification; you only selected "Program Tire Size" and then entered the tire circumference? Afterwards - no issues with "bells and whistles"? I'm waiting on my 37s to get here and will have to change mine as well and have been looking through the options to affect the change and wasn't a big fan of the notifications and having to clear them out. I'd like it to be as simple if possible.

OP
OP
regal81455

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is correct. All I did was enter the new tire circumference and cycle the key. I got no crazy lights. It really was an easy button. One thing I'd say I did different though was which body computer I used. I have a 2016. I specifically used the my2016-2017 power net. Maybe that was the difference??? The exam I read indicated to select the 2013-2017. I didn't see why I would select one that would cover previous years. Just something to consider.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here it was much easier than expected . Worked perfect.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is a '16 as well and hope it goes that smooth. Checked today though on the wheels and they are still on backorder. Good news is 2 of them are in but not sure when the others are arriving.

Dub1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I wonder if all the extra steps are only necessary for 2500/3500?

JayLuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I just changed the tire size on 2016 Ram 2500 and I needed to do the extra step on the ABS and clearing the codes. It's easy, only takes another minute, maybe 2, if you get lost there's a good you tube video on it. I had to dial in my new tire size by trial and error, when I calculated the actual tire size I had to reduce that number by about 3.2%. For example, I calculated 2633 mm but I had to use 2550 mm to get my speedo correct.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I've had the same experience. After getting it close, had to do a driving test, come back and fine-tune it, it took a few tests. I only had one instance where when I entered the tire size it was correct the first time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517