Forced Induction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baby Goat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Hey Im not new to Ram and I’ve done my fair share of research, my 3.7 V6 with the 4 speed auto just isn’t much to me. I can’t afford the insurance on a more powerful vehicle so I want Forced Induction and better fuel mileage. With a 6 inch lift and 33’s I get MAYBE 6-7mpg. Im thinking turbos might help but I’m nervous on how my motor could handle forced Induction. Anyone else did it before?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally think the amount of money you'll be dropping on a turbo or whatever will far outweigh the cost of a few years worth of insurance. Unless of course your driving record sucks that bad. That plus the added wear and tear on a stock V6 with I'm sure some mileage on it isnt going to give you much longevity never mind much better fuel efficiency because you know once you get the extra power your right foot will certainly use it. Just my opinion. Good luck

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Get the lowest available gear swap for your axle like 4.56 ,4.88 etc

If its the 45re (dont quote me) i think you can convert it to a 545rfe with a pcm swap

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452