Fox vs King vs ICON front coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I bet they ride great, as long as I could adjust them to approx 5” to 5-1/2” lift I’d get a set

BDS said they will go to 7 by the looks of the threads they'll go a lot higher but the preload would be up there pretty good too. I just measured mine again and am still right at 43" I measure with a level as well because my wheels poke out. I just passed 100 miles and PA roads after winter is basically like off roading. I have to take the cap off to see if it effects the rear height but I doubt it, The cap is pretty light and 1" of rake IMO is perfect to make these trucks look level

Out of the box they had 2" of thread at the top so plenty of room to adjust them up and down. I still have not ordered the tool, in the user manual is recommends a spring compressor for adjusting but I don't know if all coil over manufactures recommend that

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I guess I didn't add mine to this thread. I have ICON 2.5 coil overs. Their set to 2.5" which I think if standard setting when shipped. I have ICON shocks in rear as well. I did add TTC 1210s coils and 3/4" rear spacer on 33s.
I had 5100s before. Sadly when you come from OEM shocks you think these are smooth and the cats meow. Then you go to ICONS and boy oh boy, you quickly find out the digressive shocks from Bilstein are stiff/firm! ICONs are smoother with their digressive/linear shocks.

ICON lift updated.jpg

Digressive-Linear-Progressive-Damping-Curve-Comparison.jpg

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I didn't add mine to this thread. I have ICON 2.5 coil overs. Their set to 2.5" which I think if standard setting when shipped. I have ICON shocks in rear as well. I did add TTC 1210s coils and 3/4" rear spacer on 33s.
I had 5100s before. Sadly when you come from OEM shocks you think these are smooth and the cats meow. Then you go to ICONS and boy oh boy, you quickly find out the digressive shocks from Bilstein are stiff/firm! ICONs are smoother with their digressive/linear shocks.

View attachment 187280

View attachment 187281
Explain what that chart means.
Also how Icons are digressive and linear. When the chart shows them way off.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Explain what that chart means.
Also how Icons are digressive and linear. When the chart shows them way off.

Visit AccuTune Offroads site. He explains it. Cheater notes below.

https://accutuneoffroad.com/articles/digressive-vs-linear-vs-progressive-pistons-shock-valving

"Shocks can be digressive on compression , rebound or both, and each has it’s own pro’s and cons. The terms Digressive, Linear, and Progressive refer to the shape of damping curve produced by a shock (as seen below). Most Fox shocks and most King shocks are linear, while most Icon shocks and entry level Bilstein shocks (5100 & 6100) are digressive. The graph below is data directly off a shock dyno and is used for illustration purposes only. If these were rebound loads, and the shocks were tuned for the same vehicle they would likely intersect around 10 in/sec or less. If they were compression loads they would likely intersect around 100 in/sec."

https://accutuneoffroad.com/articles/icon-vehicle-dynamics-2-0-digressive-piston-review

Linear Compression
"IVD uses linear compression with large bleed and valve disks in a pyramid stack configuration. The result is a linear damping curve with good comfort on small bumps, and control on large ones."

Digressive Rebound
"Icon shocks use pistons designed to be digressive in rebound."

Last edited: