From Muffler Delete (DODM80) to Borla Pro XS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been rocking the muffler delete for over 2 years now and although I LOVE the sound, the drone on the highway was starting to get to me. Getting old, I guess. I had Magnaflows Mufflex DOD14M before moving to the DODM80 and it sounded ok but I went a different route this time. After putting Borlas on my other ride and enjoying the nice sound from them, I found a company in Canada that sells bolt-ons with Borlas. Shout out to Hot Rod Scott's up in Toronto. They quickly shipped me a Borla Pro XS ready to bolt in with new clamps and hangar.

39585240665_aff0361951_k.jpg

I took a picture of all three for perspective. I keep the stock muffler around in case I ever sell the truck so it really just sits in a corner of the garage but when I lined it up to the ProXS, I was worried it was going to be too quiet. Not so. Coupled with some black 5 inch tips from Carven, it is not as loud but sounds deeper. Best I can describe is cold starts with the Borla installed sound like a warm start with the muffler delete with a pleasant resonance on the highway. Almost no drone to speak of. I would put the sound right near the DOD14M. I was told that I might get a bit more volume once it "breaks in" but if it stays at the same level, I will be able to live with it. I hope this helps if anyone is on the fence about the ProXS. Once the weather gets nice in my area, I will throw up a sound clip.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Being in Canada ive been eyeing a few of Hot Rod Scott’s kits, didn’t see any Borlas listed, interesting!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Being in Canada ive been eyeing a few of Hot Rod Scott’s kits, didn’t see any Borlas listed, interesting!

Check out FloPro to Nick,they're over here just north of Red Deer

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out FloPro to Nick,they're over here just north of Red Deer

I’ve used Flo Pro on a few of my wife’s cars in the past, they are super inexpensive. I swear the Chambered Mufflers are the same as Flowmaster. Some Flo Pros have the same part # as Magnaflow too, 14”, 18” and 22”

CanadianNick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Good choice with the Borla. I know this is subjective from person to person but for me I find that Borla is the best sounding.
I got the Borla XR-1 Sportsman( part 40085)muffler. It’s a 3 in 3 out 5inch diameter and 15 inches long. I know these are not specifically for our truck but I’ve heard them on a few rams and man they sound good and deeeeep. also went with the Borla 4 in diameter 14 inch long tips.
Just waiting for winter to be over with so I can install.

Tino lopez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been rocking the muffler delete for over 2 years now and although I LOVE the sound, the drone on the highway was starting to get to me. Getting old, I guess. I had Magnaflows Mufflex DOD14M before moving to the DODM80 and it sounded ok but I went a different route this time. After putting Borlas on my other ride and enjoying the nice sound from them, I found a company in Canada that sells bolt-ons with Borlas. Shout out to Hot Rod Scott's up in Toronto. They quickly shipped me a Borla Pro XS ready to bolt in with new clamps and hangar.

39585240665_aff0361951_k.jpg

I took a picture of all three for perspective. I keep the stock muffler around in case I ever sell the truck so it really just sits in a corner of the garage but when I lined it up to the ProXS, I was worried it was going to be too quiet. Not so. Coupled with some black 5 inch tips from Carven, it is not as loud but sounds deeper. Best I can describe is cold starts with the Borla installed sound like a warm start with the muffler delete with a pleasant resonance on the highway. Almost no drone to speak of. I would put the sound right near the DOD14M. I was told that I might get a bit more volume once it "breaks in" but if it stays at the same level, I will be able to live with it. I hope this helps if anyone is on the fence about the ProXS. Once the weather gets nice in my area, I will throw up a sound clip.

I want a bolt in pro xs I do not see it listed on hot rods website maybe I will call and see if theyll ship one to ny...

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice.....Borla Pro XS is a great choice. They sound great with 5" tips. No drone issues at all when I had one installed.

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a pro xs from 4wheel parts in Burlington Ontario. Shipped to me for 225ish. Best price i found and quick shipping.

I love the sound. No overbearing but a nice deep tone. Only complaint is when mds kicks in and changes the sound. But leaving it in manual mode takes care of that.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

WhiteHotRam

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport 4x4 SCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's a nice build link with part numbers and videos, this is what I did and love it, simple straight-forward install and just one extra clamp than a Carven or Mufflex. The toughest part is getting the stock muffler off.
And keep it simple..., get the Borla Pro XS 400486 = 3"in 2.25"out (Notched)
You can find all the parts on Summit Racing or Amazon, I'm sure Nick at GotExhaust has the Borlas in stock also.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/borla-muffler-install-pics-and-video.108632/#post-1574186

Tino lopez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I got the borla pro XS installed today by the muffler shop they did a great job welding it in. I do have to say it does have drone which I did not want it is not bad but definitely annoying I guess I have a keen ear for the Drone unlike some others.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got the borla pro XS installed today by the muffler shop they did a great job welding it in. I do have to say it does have drone which I did not want it is not bad but definitely annoying I guess I have a keen ear for the Drone unlike some others.

Sorry to hear you have some drone. The ProXS has been one of the few mufflers for me that didn't drone but the tinniest little bit under load around 1700 rpm, but it was not bad at all and barely even noticeable. Tone makes up for it though. I now have a 50HD and it has no drone at all and to me sounds just as good if not a little better.

Tino lopez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sorry to hear you have some drone. The ProXS has been one of the few mufflers for me that didn't drone but the tinniest little bit under load around 1700 rpm, but it was not bad at all and barely even noticeable. Tone makes up for it though. I now have a 50HD and it has no drone at all and to me sounds just as good if not a little better.
No worries. I was going to get the flowmaster 50 but everyone said that had lots of drone haha i cant win