Front and rear bumper covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2017 1500 limited 4 x 4. Both my front and rear bumper have damage, they are chrome in color. Wondering if there are any products that can be placed over the bumper that would conceal the small damage without having to replace the entire bumper? If this were possible since my truck is black I would have no trouble with black covers. Does anybody know if they make something like this and if so could you provide a link? If I have to replace the entire bumper, I would probably move to Black anyway.. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks like you can get them paint matched, armour coated, etc. I didnt look at all the prices tbh.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
I was thinking the same but by the time its painted, maybe not?

Yes, if they have to be professionally painted it would be more expensive, I was thinking of the chrome ones (which is what I have), that would just be a straight up replacement with no paintwork.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Why don't you just spray Raptor bedliner on them? That is what I will be doing to my bumpers, grille and fender flares .... the texture that it has looks pretty damn cool ...

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I suspect the OP has dings if its chrome bumpers that wouldn't cover with liner

OP
OP
I

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I suspect the OP has dings if its chrome bumpers that wouldn't cover with liner

Exactly, on two separate occasions I have unfortunately dinged up both my front and rear bumper. I’ve always thought black bumpers would look good on this truck, so if I have to replace them I thought maybe these covers would be an option, but it’s starting to appear like the least expensive route is to replace them with the same chrome bumpers.

Jbyron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s only 200/250 each four front and rear in gloss black( and added perk) Is that more expensive than replacing the bumpers entirely in chrome?

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s only 200/250 each four front and rear in gloss black( and added perk) Is that more expensive than replacing the bumpers entirely in chrome?
But is that color matched gloss black? Would look bad IMO to have a fat black gloss bumper if the truck is a metallic black.

OP
OP
I

IMRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

My fear is they would not match, I would have to find the official color name but mine is like a black pearl metallic. It’s black, but not glossy black. I think non-glossy black would look OK, I removed the big chrome RAM letters off my tailgate and replaced them with the flat black letters and they look very nice in my opinion- on my truck