front brakes dragging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you can turn the wheel by hand you're good to go.There's no springs in a caliper to retract the pistons,so even after you let off the brakes there will be drag between the pads and rotor.They aren't like a drum brake where springs retract the shoes

OP
OP
T

tomw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can turn the wheel by hand you're good to go.There's no springs in a caliper to retract the pistons,so even after you let off the brakes there will be drag between the pads and rotor.They aren't like a drum brake where springs retract the shoes
Im not a mechanic but I definately thought i should have been able to easily nail this. i missed a few clues and made it harder than needed to be. i didnt catch on that even all bled and bolted on that there should have been some movement in te slide. It was bound solid. Also i didnt question the new reman caliper. i even thought for asecond I had too thick of rotor or pad. oh well I appreciate the help and when I did the test cracking te bleeder and it trickled out proving it was the caliper and not te line....oh well simple stuff for guys that do this stuff. I wont do a brake job now for years lol

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
Im not a mechanic but I definately thought i should have been able to easily nail this. i missed a few clues and made it harder than needed to be. i didnt catch on that even all bled and bolted on that there should have been some movement in te slide. It was bound solid. Also i didnt question the new reman caliper. i even thought for asecond I had too thick of rotor or pad. oh well I appreciate the help and when I did the test cracking te bleeder and it trickled out proving it was the caliper and not te line....oh well simple stuff for guys that do this stuff. I wont do a brake job now for years lol
Hey man we learn from obstacles, so don’t let that one issue put you down. Keep at it and live and learn… I like that most car people will help you out when need be so I try to give advice when I can with what Ive learned.

zrock

Reaction score
I totally believe I did something wrong installing but I honestly dont understand what you mean. Mew caliper still drags a little. Im stumped.
their is 2 little nubs on the back of the inside brake pad.. Yo did not force the pads back far enough to clear this nub and then forced the caliper off the pads.. This is what causes the damage you see.. I did the same to 2 calipers before i realized what was happening.

ThorsRams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7l v8
Tis the season.. early yule I’ll be doing my rear brakes soon .. hope you fixed you’res image.jpg

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude that sucks, brakes are something I don’t mess with anymore. Toyota taught me to use the service department with a Camry hybrid. What a nightmare to bleed the brakes. Be glad it didn’t fail with the kids stopping at a railroad crossing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat