Front door issue, anyone else experience this??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scasper1010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I recently bought a used 2008 ram 1500. It’s a quad cab and has a Laramie badge so that’s cool, I digress. The front doors slam closed with regularity even if trying to shut them gently and the interior latches feel weak when pulled. I want to stop the incessant slamming of the door as I think it’s better for the truck over time. Does anyone have a tip or trick to get a more gentle/firm door closing.

Added bonus if anyone can suggest a way to make the interior latch more satisfying to open. When pulling the latch to open the door it’s has no resistance, almost like the door wasn’t closed properly.

Anyway, this is probably my first post of many. Hope the internet can help me.

Thank you
-Steven

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was the truck ever involved in an accident? Maybe the strikers and possibly the hinges can be adjusted slightly

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Check your door seals. Try shutting the door on a strip of cardboard box and see how easy it is to pull out. Basically use it like a feeler gauge to see if you are making a good seal or not. Do it in several locations. If they are flattened you can possibly re-inflate them using canned latex foam insulation, not the urethane stuff that dries stiff.

As others have said try moving your door latch striker in towards the body after checking the gaps between the door and body.