Front drivers seat ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuck92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So I recently upgrade from my 2012 1500 to an 14' 2500 CTD. One thing that has been driving me nuts the last 5 months or so has been the drivers seat. On my old truck the seat almost came out level, the part where you sit. The new truck at the end of the seat towards the pedals raises up. I don't know if this is some kind of modification done by the previous owner, or if its just different from the factory. The Passenger seat doesnt do this. Anyways. it raises up so much that it actually cuts blood circulation off to my legs. It is literally a pain in the ass. Has anyone experienced this? Is there any easy or not expensive mods to fix it?

bigdodge

Reaction score
R the seat adjustments electric? If so it should be adjustable by pushing down on the front of the lower seat adjustment switch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
My current 2500 has power seats. But in my previous 2500 Tradesman with the manual seat, I unbolted the two rear seat bolts and stacked some washers under it to raise the seat back. Pretty simple fix.

If your going to raise it any significant height with a spacer or washers, you’ll probably want to get longer high strength bolts to keep enough thread into the floor, just in case you have an accident or something.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Dodge makes a drivers seat lift kit for your Ram, think it brings the seat up about one inch. Don't know the part number but i have seen it online before.

OP
OP
bigbuck92

bigbuck92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Just made it back to this post. Thanks for all the help guys. Im glad im not the only one that noticed these issues. Im guna go ahead and try to pop a few washers under the seat and see if that helps. Wallacemf how high would you say i can safely go on stock bolts? 1/4 or 1/2 would probably help a lot.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
Just made it back to this post. Thanks for all the help guys. Im glad im not the only one that noticed these issues. Im guna go ahead and try to pop a few washers under the seat and see if that helps. Wallacemf how high would you say i can safely go on stock bolts? 1/4 or 1/2 would probably help a lot.

If I recall correctly, I raised the back of the seat about an inch. Those bolts into the floor are at least three inches long, you could probably go a bit higher. Take a bolt out and you’ll see, use your judgement.

There are some aftermarket seat height kits out there as someone mentioned, basically a set of spacers, and a special piece for the front of the seat where it bolts in vertically into the transmission hump. There were some on eBay, way overpriced though.