front end protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vgbu56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So wanting to know if anyone has a product to protect the front, bumper, grill, hood, from all the bug stuff something like a bra or grill screen? If you have heard of something please list product name and the maker.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you have a classic, it is Gen 4 even though your truck is 2020, classics are still being built and sold, so watch for that fitment. If your 1500 is on doors it is a classic, if on the side of the hood it is 5th gen.

I tried to have the film installed, no one was really doing it near me in DC Metro area, drove over an hour to have film installed on front, they did lousy job and had it removed. I just bought a hood protector and called it a day.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used PPF on mine. It has body color bumpers with plated grill trim. Not much you can do for the plated trim but the PPF provides a measure of protection for the paint. They did a nice job on the front and roof A pillars. I bought material and did the rockers, inner door sills, door edges myself. I do have some temporary track wrap and if I were setting out on a long trip I might apply it to the plated surfaces. We have a lot of truck traffic on our roads around here that throw up all sorts of crap.

IMG_1803.jpeg

Ynottirbo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So wanting to know if anyone has a product to protect the front, bumper, grill, hood, from all the bug stuff something like a bra or grill screen? If you have heard of something please list product name and the maker.
I had my truck ceramic coated. This makes washing the bugs off a simple task. Highly recommend it.

OP
OP
V

Vgbu56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is this something that can be put on the chrome grill and bumper too?

Nashveygus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had XPEL PPF installed on my hood, A pillars, front quarter panels and bumper soon after I bought my truck. Installer wasn't able to do the grill since they didn't offer a template, but so far so good. I also have XPEL on my other cars and it holds up great over time, no fading, no issues, easy to wax and you can't even tell it's there without close inspection. I had 3M PPF on a previous car but it faded a bit after several years. Thankfully my stock running boards thus far have kept road rash off my doors and rear quarter panels, mud flaps would also provide more protection if I ever get around to it.