FRONT END SUSPENSION CHIRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a chirp in my front end somewhere and can't seem to locate it. i have greased all bushings that are grease able. i even tried wd-40 at all moving joints and can't get the chirp to stop.

the truck is leveled has bilstein 5100's on it and also after market front upper control arms.

any advice is appreciated.

thanks

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd focus on the leveling, to start with. How long have you had it leveled? Possible its a valve in one of the shocks that's giving you the chirp, in which case no amount of grease is gonna help. Or it could be one of the UCA bushings. How long have you had the truck leveled? If it's fresh, maybe it's trying to get itself seated.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
If it has polyurethane bushings spray them all down with W-D 40. They tend to make noise anywhere they move that isn't lubricated.

JS1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you describe the sound more? How often it chirps, etc.? My truck has been making a front end chirp too, and I can't figure out if it's an alternator bearing that I know is going bad or the suspension.

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Try spraying penetrating fluid all around the top of the strut mount where the strut nut is and let it soak. See if this helps. It could be the strut bearing.

OP
OP
Dougiefresh2012
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd focus on the leveling, to start with. How long have you had it leveled? Possible its a valve in one of the shocks that's giving you the chirp, in which case no amount of grease is gonna help. Or it could be one of the UCA bushings. How long have you had the truck leveled? If it's fresh, maybe it's trying to get itself seated.

Truck has been leveled for about a year now, it didnt do it when i first leveled it.. could be the valve in shocks i didnt think of that.

Thanks

OP
OP
Dougiefresh2012
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you describe the sound more? How often it chirps, etc.? My truck has been making a front end chirp too, and I can't figure out if it's an alternator bearing that I know is going bad or the suspension.

My chirp is definitely Coming from my suspension. I tested to figure that part out and it def my front end. It only chirps when the suspension flexes, like when i hit a bump no matter how small its chirps like a bird one quick high pitch chirp everytime the suspension flexes or moves . My truck sounds like a bird going down the road. Dam thing is driving me nuts

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That’s what mine sounded like and I replace 180,000 mile factory struts with KYB quick strut from rock auto. It was a complete strut/ spring assembly. No more chirping birds.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Mines an extreme case, but worth looking into none the less. Check the top of the strut bolt for contact anywhere. If the upper mount failed, like mine, it will rub the frame mount. My truck sounds 100% like you describe and it's terrible. 116ab2bd70598d7f6651fe2f27e01315.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dougiefresh2012
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the nuts on the strut tower came loose one me and the chirp is from the strut shaft rubbing on the tower they only came loose a tad i was able to tighten on but not the other so half my problem still remains.