Front hitch on 2500 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Would love to have one for my truck, it generally takes about 6 attempts to get my toy hauler backed into the shop now. I too would be concerned about heat issues with the Draw Tite unit, however the other one has a lower vertical weight rating and lower tow rating. I would read all of the reviews on the Draw Tite to see if anyone has any complaints about heat issues, if not, that's the one I'd go with. In fact that is exactly what I will do when I can afford to get one myself. Generally customers aren't real shy about complaining about something like overheating on their tow vehicles.

Mike

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a light bar that covers up about the same amount of space in the bumper. I have not seen any issues with cooling at all. With that said I've probably only put the truck under a medium stress with the light bar in there. Haven't towed 20K up a 10000ft mountain pass so not sure if it would have an effect under that kind of load.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I installed a curt on my 3500, no issues that I noted all. I will say though the instructions said to torque the bolts to some number, but the frames steel up there started to crush, so I stopped short of the number they suggested. Use it for my bike rack.

IMAG0272.jpg