Front plate brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is anyone using anything other than the factory front plate bracket? I put the air dam back on after leveling, running self tappers into it from the factory bracket seems pretty janky.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I used longer screws and nylock nuts with a washer on the back side. The plastic license plate bracket where the machine screws went through were not holding well anymore.

OP
OP
RandomRam

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used longer screws and nylock nuts with a washer on the back side. The plastic license plate bracket where the machine screws went through were not holding well anymore.

Yeah the factory setup is pretty janky for an otherwise stout truck. Not as janky as Toyota where you shoot a couple self tappers in the bumper to hold the front plate on, but still lacking. I might try that out.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I think the screws I used were an inch and half long with the nylock nuts. Trying to remember if they were M8's....they were metric the ones I used.