Front turn signal issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO Diesel
I installed sequential turn signal running board LED's and tapped into the headlight wiring sockets to connect them. I used pin 5 on each headlight wiring plug. (It was designated as the "front turn lamp driver.") The left turn signal worked fine but the right side didn't. Now my instrument panel is sending me a message that the right front turn signal bulb is faulty, and the running board turn signal lights on that side don't work. I probed the wire that I tapped into at the headlight socket and it doesn't have any power going to the original turn signal bulb. Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated. (I should also mention that when I tried to remove the socket for the turn signal bulb, I expected that I'd just have to rotate the socket a quarter turn counterclockwise to remove the bulb socket from the assembly, but the socket wouldn't turn. Am I doing this incorrectly?) I could sure use some help with this.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I would have tried to tap into the trailer turn signals at the fuse box with fuse taps. Pretty easy to use a "jumper" wire and see if that works for you.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
With the turn signal bulbs being monitored by the BCM, you need to have both the + & - for the LED strips hooked up at the turn signals (even then you may still have issues).
Probably the best route to wire them is to tap the trailer 7 pin plug for the turn signals. You can use a CURT 56584 harness if you don't want to cut into the wiring harness and it will give you a 5 flat plug for a tailgate light bar (w/reverse) if you plan on adding one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357