Frontend rebuild cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '04 squeaks and clunks like crazy on every tiny bump. I already know that basically everything is bad up front. Anyone have a ballpark idea what it costs to completely rebuild the front suspension on a 4x4? I don't have the time or tools to do it myself.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm willing to bet its gonna run $1500 or better. Not to mention you'll need an alignment too.

Rustbelt Bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well,here comes the disclaimer:It depends on who's doing the work,how the parts availability is working out in these daft times,and exactly how far you want to go. I know that's not much help,but I don't lie to Folks! In Texas,you shouldn't encounter surprise corrosion damage issues like we do. Up here,in "Salt&Brine Land",it really complicates everything. As a Ballpark,I'm with Rlaf75 and figure you can start the war easily at $1500,and if she's really in a poor state,the Cash Cow could conceivably Moo you all the way up to $2500. Again,this is with someone doing the work instead of you. Crack Da' Code by finding someone to trust,and have them do a deep dive into it to get you an accurate estimate. Good Luck,and please keep us in Da' Loop regarding the Whopper!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have an honest independant mechanic who will install parts I order from Rock Auto or wherever. He charges me 90 bucks an hour shop time. Guarantees his own work, but not the parts of course. Sourcing the less expensive parts, used all Moog replacements for the front end, has dramatically reduced the cost of getting work done. I completely redid the front end on my 96 2500 for the first time at about 150,000 miles. Cost was about $900 all in, including the alignment.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well,here comes the disclaimer:It depends on who's doing the work,how the parts availability is working out in these daft times,and exactly how far you want to go. I know that's not much help,but I don't lie to Folks! In Texas,you shouldn't encounter surprise corrosion damage issues like we do. Up here,in "Salt&Brine Land",it really complicates everything. As a Ballpark,I'm with Rlaf75 and figure you can start the war easily at $1500,and if she's really in a poor state,the Cash Cow could conceivably Moo you all the way up to $2500. Again,this is with someone doing the work instead of you. Crack Da' Code by finding someone to trust,and have them do a deep dive into it to get you an accurate estimate. Good Luck,and please keep us in Da' Loop regarding the Whopper!
3500-4000$ you should expect assuming you replace everything including labor and mid range parts. Had mine done in texas.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
3500-4000$ you should expect assuming you replace everything including labor and mid range parts. Had mine done in texas.
Exactly what front end parts are you replacing to add up to $3,000 in parts. Shocks, steering stabilizer, all the steering rods, linkages ball joints etc don't come anywhere near $3,000. Like I said above, I did mine for $900 all in, all the parts I mentioned above, except the shocks were still fine as they had been done at 100,000 miles. Total included the labour at $90 and hour, and I live in the rust belt. Even at 150 an hour, 4 hours should easily cover stem to stern on the whole front end.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly what front end parts are you replacing to add up to $3,000 in parts. Shocks, steering stabilizer, all the steering rods, linkages ball joints etc don't come anywhere near $3,000. Like I said above, I did mine for $900 all in, all the parts I mentioned above, except the shocks were still fine as they had been done at 100,000 miles. Total included the labour at $90 and hour, and I live in the rust belt. Even at 150 an hour, 4 hours should easily cover stem to stern on the whole front end.
i just had 2 coilovers, balljoints and labor was 1700$ just for that. Ive had 3 complete front ends replaced and all were 3000$ or more. That was the best price quote around the arra. Another buddy got premium aftermarket parts on his and was 5800$ labor and all.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
i just had 2 coilovers, balljoints and labor was 1700$ just for that. Ive had 3 complete front ends replaced and all were 3000$ or more. That was the best price quote around the arra. Another buddy got premium aftermarket parts on his and was 5800$ labor and all.
Man, your parts prices are really high. Glad I don't live in that area. Hope you don't have to do that too often.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Both y'all got bent over dry.

palmr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dealers are 170$ an hour labor here. Local shops are 85-115$ Its expensive.