Fuel Additives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any of yall use these? If so what's yalls thoughts? Thoughts on diffrent additives to use?345c93312c30def2bd3b6fed9500f38c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not know what U have there. When I had my ED< I used Diesel Kleen, which is proven and raises Cetane Level. Diesel Kleen comes in Summer/Winter versions. All IMHO...

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I use Diesel Kleen, Cummins has approved its use.
Being "approved" is absolutely different from an additive being "required". It simply means Cummins has determined that it will do no harm.
Nowhere in the owners manual does it does it say ANY additive is required.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Splitting hairs, but I see what you’re getting at.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I use Lucas additives for fuel and oil!

Jimmy, have you used this Lucas Cetane Power Booster? My Ram Cummins mechanic recommended it for my worries over the new Bosch CP4.2 fuel pump in my 2019 Ram 3500.

61DYOfHtIvL._AC_SL1008_.jpg

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I use Lucas additives for fuel and oil!

Jimmy, where do you purchase your Lucas products? If I like the Lucas Cerane Power Booster fuel additive I will want to buy a case of 64 ounce bottles and would like to know the best deal out there. Thanks!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Being "approved" is absolutely different from an additive being "required". It simply means Cummins has determined that it will do no harm.
Nowhere in the owners manual does it does it say ANY additive is required.
I respect your opinion about additives but you have misspoken. Cummins does not only say "approved"
They say:
"The Power Service Diesel Kleen and Diesel Fuel Supplement additives provide easily-accessible solutions with proven technology to customers in the field when they encounter challenges with their fuel such as poor lubricity, low cetane numbers, low temperature operability issues, injector deposits, etc."

Edit:
You are correct, that is not in the owner's manual because owner manuals were printed long before Cummins announced the "recommeded" Diesel Kleen.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I respect your opinion about additives but you have misspoken. Cummins does not only say "approved"
They say:
"The Power Service Diesel Kleen and Diesel Fuel Supplement additives provide easily-accessible solutions with proven technology to customers in the field when they encounter challenges with their fuel such as poor lubricity, low cetane numbers, low temperature operability issues, injector deposits, etc."

Edit:
You are correct, that is not in the owner's manual because owner manuals were printed long before Cummins announced the "recommeded" Diesel Kleen.

Would you kindly show me where in the "new" owners manuals it says this additive is REQUIRED for normal operation and your vehicle warranty will be voided if you do not use this additive.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Would you kindly show me where in the "new" owners manuals it says this additive is REQUIRED for normal operation and your vehicle warranty will be voided if you do not use this additive.

Awe common, we all know it's not going to say that. Even if was to say that it would not be in any manuals yet. What I posted is a Cummins statement, not a Chrysler statement.

And if you want to get into it, I can give you examples of where an additive prevented a problem and cured a problem. And unless you resort to the Slick 50 days, you cannot give me any example of where an additive caused or created a problem. If you understood preventative maintenance you might be able to understand why folks use additives.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wow ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I had my ED, I used Diesel Kleen, both summer and winter, But each to their own........................

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Awe common, we all know it's not going to say that. Even if was to say that it would not be in any manuals yet. What I posted is a Cummins statement, not a Chrysler statement.

And if you want to get into it, I can give you examples of where an additive prevented a problem and cured a problem. And unless you resort to the Slick 50 days, you cannot give me any example of where an additive caused or created a problem. If you understood preventative maintenance you might be able to understand why folks use additives.

So you can't show us where it says in the new owners manual where it says the additive is required? NO? I didn't think so because it's not needed or necessary. That Cumins statement only means they have determined that it won't do any harm if someone decides to use it.

That goes to show you are full of it. :dancingpoop:
Also you can not show ANY examples where it prevented a problem because there is no way to know if said problem would have occurred without using additives just anecdotal evidence.
Most people use these snake-oil additives because they BELIEVE it helps not because it really does anything.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Now you are calling me a liar. Not good!
You are not worth any further dialog.
You're right is not good, I don't like liars.
But then what else could I expect since you are a snake oil salesman as told by the last line of your signature?

This is directly from the Ram truck diesel supplement download.
Page 179 Section 7

Materials Added To Engine Oil
The manufacturer strongly recommends against the addition
of any additives (other than leak detection dyes) to
the engine oil. Engine oil is an engineered product and its
performance may be impaired by supplemental additives.