Fuel efficiency?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

husseydep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/ etorque
Looking for a little help here... I have 5770 miles on my 2021 Ram 1500 w/ etorque and here suddenly went from 405 miles range (read out) on a full tank of gas to 170 miles range (read out) at 8.4 mpg.... including 33 miles listed until empty on a quarter tank of gas. Like many, I rely on that est. Miles until empty until i fill up again. Has or do any of you have this issue and if so, is it a computer issue and can it be fixed? Driving habits are the same and i dont drive it much. The truck is 99 percent stock night edition 4x2 with only a cold air intake installed for increased hp and gas milage ( go figure). Thanks

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, for starters the "cold air intake" wont give you better fuel economy, or horsepower, these aren't 1998 vehicles... as far as the computer estimates not really sure why you had a sudden drop, I mean the best thing to do is drive it, reset the trip counter when you fill up and see how far it really lasts based on the analog fuel gauge and trip counter. I know you stated that your driving habits have not changed, but I know from my truck if I spend a tank driving like a nascar truck driver, when I will up it will show very low miles to E... and then when I get on the interstate and drive on cruise control, that miles to E will not count down but will count up.