Fuel pump voltage and diagrams for 2016 6.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d_giessel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'm looking for technical info on the fuel pump. I'd like to see a wiring diagram, and I'd like to know how much voltage (and from which port) I should be getting to the fuel pump.

I am diagnosing the crank-but-no-start issue on my truck. (2016 6.4L) Up to this point, I have a new battery, new fuel pump (albeit a suspiciously inexpensive one) and a bypass harness from Verticalvisions.com. In order to determine where my problem is, I've been poking around with the DVOM. I want to determine whether or not my fuel pump is bad. I've been checking the electrical connector for the fuel pump, and I have 11.7v on the second port (blue and white wire), but no voltage on the other 3.

Is that wire the power to the fuel pump? Are these readings correct? I don't want to waste money throwing parts at it... I would feel a lot more confident if I had a wiring diagram to look and and some technical specs to refer to in regards to that electrical connector that plugs into the fuel tank.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wiring for the fuel pump "should" be similar to the 2017 RAMs - regardless of engine size. Here's what I have:

Attachments

• FUEL-DELIVERY-SYSTEM---5.7L---6-SPEED.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 24
  • FUEL-CONTROL-SYSTEM---DIESEL.pdf
    316.3 KB · Views: 17
  • FUEL-DELIVERY-SYSTEM---3.6L_5.7L---8-SPEED.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 15

Jordanv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for technical info on the fuel pump. I'd like to see a wiring diagram, and I'd like to know how much voltage (and from which port) I should be getting to the fuel pump.

I am diagnosing the crank-but-no-start issue on my truck. (2016 6.4L) Up to this point, I have a new battery, new fuel pump (albeit a suspiciously inexpensive one) and a bypass harness from Verticalvisions.com. In order to determine where my problem is, I've been poking around with the DVOM. I want to determine whether or not my fuel pump is bad. I've been checking the electrical connector for the fuel pump, and I have 11.7v on the second port (blue and white wire), but no voltage on the other 3.

Is that wire the power to the fuel pump? Are these readings correct? I don't want to waste money throwing parts at it... I would feel a lot more confident if I had a wiring diagram to look and and some technical specs to refer to in regards to that electrical connector that plugs into the fuel tank.
did find that problem solve? it similar problem mine 2016 ram wont start issue wire loose wire under TIPM

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
As much I think it is great a few of you post info the format is not relevant for everyone in that type of PDF it may just be for windows or android this is what I see when I open the file.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
IMG_2836.png
Ok I figured out I can view the document in iOS by uploading it and saving it to a file
The schematic is the same but I believe the wire colors are only the same for 2016 / 2017

Last edited:

Tcjwest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have one for the transfer case and or 4x4 system by chance? 2016 ram 2500

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Closest I've got is for a 2017 Diesel and the Rear wheel drive Full Electronic control system (RFE) - I believe it's applicable to all transmissions as far as functionality, but I can not swear by that.

Attachments

• TRANSMISSION---8HP45_70---DIESEL.pdf
    161.8 KB · Views: 1
  • TRANSMISSION---RFE.pdf
    332.8 KB · Views: 0