Fuel wheels cracking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Been over a week and nothing yet from fuel. Got tired of waiting and picked up some Monsters getting them put on tmmrw. Will update further when fuel finally responds to my warranty inquiry.8099e057ba1df87eadc67e8f06b320aa.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB1

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beware. My neighbor has those XD monsters on his ram. He was now had 2 of them since purchasing just 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Beware. My neighbor has those XD monsters on his ram. He was now had 2 of them since purchasing just 2 years ago.

Care to elaborate? Cracking, finish issues?

These are way beefier in the bolt hole to hub bore area than my fuels. I think all these Chinese rims probably have issues. They probably cost $25 to manufacture and turn around and sell em to us for $200+

Last edited:

tdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Care to elaborate? Cracking, finish issues?

These are way beefier in the bolt hole to hub bore area than my fuels. I think all these Chinese rims probably have issues. They probably cost $25 to manufacture and turn around and sell em to us for $200+

I texted him to see if he took pictures when they failed.

Not just finish, the spoke was cracked clean through. Just a single spoke on both his rear wheels. XD claimed it was just a fluke thing, and they replaced the wheels free of charge.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had my Fuel crack after a little over a year of ownership. I kept loosing tire pressure slow as ****. Over a couple weeks my tire slowly got lower and lower. Still drivable. Just obviously lower.

Got my oil change and tires rotated with the authorized dealer I made the purchase from. They discovered a small crack along the bead area. Sorry no photos.

Any who, Fuel sent a new wheel over immediately and , within a few days, the rest was history.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I had my Fuel crack after a little over a year of ownership. I kept loosing tire pressure slow as ****. Over a couple weeks my tire slowly got lower and lower. Still drivable. Just obviously lower.

Got my oil change and tires rotated with the authorized dealer I made the purchase from. They discovered a small crack along the bead area. Sorry no photos.

Any who, Fuel sent a new wheel over immediately and , within a few days, the rest was history.

I've been waiting over a week. Before I had my xds put on I actually recorded my self torquing the lug and to pics of the hairline crack that formed immediately after. I sent that in on thursday.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Shocker, fuel is holding onto the "installation error" they are trying to claim that I left the snap washers on the studs and that is what caused 5 holes on 2 separate wheels to crack. Pretty disappointed with this. Definitely won't be buying fuel ever again or a wheel thatbisnt hubcentric.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks. You'd think a company as big as fuel would just help with the issue and make the customer happy. Even if they took a small loss....I mean, this can't happen all that often right?..

...or does it...??

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
They claimed this indentation was caused by my stud retaining tabs. How in the hell that tab would have caused an indentation like that is beyond me. Regardless my tabs were removed. They said thatbindent was an indication that i didnt remove my tabs and it caused a catastrophic wheel failure.. I mean they do know the tabs are nowhere near that dent right?...lol They are grasping at straws, and I honestly don't know what that indent is from but it looks like I dropped something on it.51366f707de1a331b91da16fe18efd2b.jpg1029e84621a05542823148a70f9421ad.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
That sucks. You'd think a company as big as fuel would just help with the issue and make the customer happy. Even if they took a small loss....I mean, this can't happen all that often right?..

...or does it...??
You would think, I'm sure replacing 2 hostage wheels is a drop in the bucket

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to hear about your wheels... I was looking at Fuel wheels but after hearing how they are treating you I will be spending my money on another brand.

Glefevre87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up a set of Fuel Mavericks from SOCAL on here and really hoping this doesnt happen.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have to rotate my wheels and will be inspecting them very closely

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Just watch your torque and pay attention if your wrench isn't clicking when you think it should stop. I find it strange that fuel recommends factory torque spec but my Xds I have had a torque spec of 95ftlbs. There is alot more material on my hubcentric Xds than the fuels which had a 110mm hub bore. Only 2 of the 4 did this, **** happens and If I thought the blame was soley on me id admit it but I truly feel this is a material issue

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This sounds kinda crappy to me. If there isn't any apparent damage that you inflicted on the wheels you'd think that a company as big as they are, would be a little better with their customer service. It's hard to believe that you don't have any recourse.
Jay

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
This sounds kinda crappy to me. If there isn't any apparent damage that you inflicted on the wheels you'd think that a company as big as they are, would be a little better with their customer service. It's hard to believe that you don't have any recourse.
Jay
I'm still fighting it through Custom Offsets. They have been great through the whole thing and have been doing their very best to get these wheels covered under warranty. Everytime fuel has an excuse they tell me to take more pics to prove them wrong. They have been awesome, custom offsets customer service through this has been great, zero complaints there

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Shocker, fuel is holding onto the "installation error" they are trying to claim that I left the snap washers on the studs and that is what caused 5 holes on 2 separate wheels to crack. Pretty disappointed with this. Definitely won't be buying fuel ever again or a wheel thatbisnt hubcentric.

I'm still fighting it through Custom Offsets. They have been great through the whole thing and have been doing their very best to get these wheels covered under warranty. Everytime fuel has an excuse they tell me to take more pics to prove them wrong. They have been awesome, custom offsets customer service through this has been great, zero complaints there

Never took the snap washers off of my truck and been running my Fuels now for 3 summers and never torqued them with a torque wrench just tightened them by hand. I'll be checking mine in another month when I put my winter shoes on. Fuels full of **** IMO.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Ever since this thread i have been worried since i have fuel maverics also. I rotated my wheels today and and im relieved that i didnt see any of this cracking on my wheels. Also i find it hard to believe that the snap rings could even cause this since there is a big recess on the back of the wheels that the snap ring would easily fit into.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Ever since this thread i have been worried since i have fuel maverics also. I rotated my wheela today and and im happy that i didnt see any of this cracling on my wheels. Also i find it hard to believe that the snap rings could even cause this since there is a big recess on the back of the wheels that the snap ring would easily fit into.
I have a feeling there may have been some weak material used somewhere along the line and I fell victim to it.

Make a long story short after almost 2 months of back and forth between me, customs offsets and fuel, Fuel is still refusing to honor their warranty and still claimed it was my error and that I installed them improperly. I was pretty freaking pissed to say the least never again will I own any thing made by fuel. They had no solid proof that I did any thing wrong they kept claiming I left the retainers on the studs and that's what caused it. Those were off since day one...terrible backing of their product

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Never took the snap washers off of my truck and been running my Fuels now for 3 summers and never torqued them with a torque wrench just tightened them by hand. I'll be checking mine in another month when I put my winter shoes on. Fuels full of **** IMO.

Ever since this thread i have been worried since i have fuel maverics also. I rotated my wheela today and and im happy that i didnt see any of this cracling on my wheels. Also i find it hard to believe that the snap rings could even cause this since there is a big recess on the back of the wheels that the snap ring would easily fit into.

Well I put my stock wheels on for the winter and I see the tire dealer that installed my Fuel Mavericks and Duratracs took the snap rings off. I inspected each Maverick and I see no cracking, again I never used a torque wrench just tightened them by hand. Did the same with my stock wheels, tightened by hand, and checked them with my torque wrench and they were all over 100 ft pounds. So I would say my Mavericks were hand tightened over 100 as well.