Full manual shift kit RE transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No longer using any computer related functions 1500 5.2 with
46RE. I recently installed a transgo valve body reprogrammed or shift kit FULLY MANUAL AUTOMATIC witch means when the shift lever is in 1 it's in first no matter what and manual low using both bands releasing one during 1 -2 up shift. My issue is during 1--2 upshift it wants reverse motion just for a second slowing the truck down. Everything else works as should. Has anyone corrected this issue??? I desperately need on this one

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
What wants reverse motion? the vehicle itself wants to go into reverse during the 1-2 upshift? (that sounds horrible) the shifter wants reverse motion requiring you to go back to first then to second again? The Devil is in the details.

Assuming this is the TFOD3 kit I would say if it's dragging between the 1-2 upshift this might be one of those moments where you need to install gauges into the test ports and see what your operating parameters are during the shifts. If you have somehow slightly misaligned the valve you could be creating a real mess inside that transmission.
Also I though the TFOD eliminates "manual low" because it's a direct shift valve body now, so it would just be called 1st.

Did you do a band adjustment when you installed the valve body? do you have one of those crazy high ratio band apply levers from monster installed, is this trans a built unit or bone stock?

Need as much info as possible.

OP
OP
D

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I figured it out I had removed 1 extra ball my instruction said for a lot firmer shifts 1-2 remove it but after I watch YouTube the instructions on his 47re kit said only remove if you upgrade rear actuator spring and lever. I put ball back in now doesn't chirp second gear anymore but it's a smooth transition. The #6 in the picture is the one3079d0dd619152e6a91ae7bafcd447ed.jpg

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
That makes sense... the longer lever with it's high ratio would come off quicker. Glad you found it. would love some in car footage of a manual valve body :)

OP
OP
D

Dan98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for responding I'll work on that footage st sand dunes first week of October.