Gas cap light on after changing fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jalynsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Hey guys! I’ve searched on here but didn’t see any posts with my exact scenario.

I had a code for fuel circuit voltage low for about 2 years. Changed my fuel pump weekend before last, which cleared that code and my engine light went off. Driving to work this morning, my check gas cap light came on. I have t had much time to look into this as it just happened this morning. I did pull the gas cap off and clean around it. My question is, could this have something to do with the new fuel pump or possibly something I did while installing it. Like I said I’ve driven the truck about 10 days since changing the fuel pump. Any ideas on what to check first? Thanks!

OP
OP
Jalynsdad

Jalynsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Forgot to add, it’s a 2015 1500 5.7

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you drive to Autozone, Advance, or any of the big auto parts stores
If asked, they will plug in their OBD2 scan tool into the port on your Ram for FREE

If any codes are present, it will read the actual code number
That number should help to pin point the reason for the light

You can ask the person doing the check if they are able to print out what the scan tool detected

If you do decide to change out the gas cap, use a Mopar Cap, our Ram trucks are fussy
Your old cap may work perfectly good on another vehicle

Good Luck & let us know what they said

Dave T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a 07 Dodge Ram 1500 had the same problem turn the truck off take the cap off and put it back on Twist the gas cap until your hear it click once or twice and that should fix the problem