Gauge conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjx3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The ‘16 Dodge i bought, the analog speedo on the right, not digital display in the center, is kilometers. It’s not a huge deal but can you easily order/replace that bezel/gauge to make the mph the dominant numbers??

Attachments

• DCE06A9A-BC1D-4027-9A4B-F46F774FA933.jpeg
    DCE06A9A-BC1D-4027-9A4B-F46F774FA933.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 9

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have to swap whole cluster ,cluster surgeons can reset hours and mileage ,may even provide cluster

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ‘16 Dodge i bought, the analog speedo on the right, not digital display in the center, is kilometers. It’s not a huge deal but can you easily order/replace that bezel/gauge to make the mph the dominant numbers??

Just out of curiosity did you go to Canada and buy this truck, or did you buy it from a dealer here who didn't convert things over for U.S. use?

Also, you've posted this in the 5th gen area of the site (2019+), you'd probably get more answers if you posted in the 4th generation section.

Welcome to the site.

OP
OP
C

Cjx3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn’t realize the Gen thing. My fault. Bought it here in Wa state. Are they supposed to convert it??

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am making a wild guess
Have you looked into your radios menu
There may be a way to switch it to miles per hour

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am making a wild guess
Have you looked into your radios menu
There may be a way to switch it to miles per hour
That only changes the digital readout, not the analog gauges.

The op will probably have to swap the entire cluster and use AlfaOBD to adjust the mileage/engine hours. It might be more work to try pulling a cluster apart to change just the face.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn’t realize the Gen thing. My fault. Bought it here in Wa state. Are they supposed to convert it??

Yep I believe that might be the first one I've seen come down and not be converted, not to say that it hasn't happened before. I don't know if that is by requirement, or something done to try to cover up where the truck came from (some dealers seem to get all their used FCA vehicles from Canada and in this case usually voids any remaining warranty on the truck, but they don't want to tell you that).

OP
OP
C

Cjx3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah i was outside if any remaining warranty. I did purchase an extended though. It’s immaculate at 64k miles. But ya never know. Added a 3/45000 to it. Gauge isn’t a deal breaker to me. But if it’s an easy swap I’d prob do it

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Yeah i was outside if any remaining warranty. I did purchase an extended though. It’s immaculate at 64k miles. But ya never know. Added a 3/45000 to it. Gauge isn’t a deal breaker to me. But if it’s an easy swap I’d prob do it
It's very simple to swap back and forth, on of the easier mods to do.

Look in the 4th gen DIY thread for gauge swap info, but basically any one from a gas 2015 or newer 4th gen will work. There is a tool called AlphaODB you can use to set the mileage, and a member in your area may have it and be willing to help out. There are many places in the US you can mail it in to get mileage set for a reasonable fee.