Gear oil Brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Much like engine oil, it is best to buy several brands and mix them together. That way you won't miss any of the benefits that each one claims and lots of folks on the forum will be happy because you are using their brand. ;-)
I learned to say nothing, smile, nod, and let the truck speak to what she wants, just like the wifey! lol

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
What name brand gear oil is everyone running in their trucks? I’m going to be changing my front and rear fluids soon and wanted to see what brands are the choice to go with? I am ordering the mopar limited slip additive off of Amazon and have a choice of Pennzoil for rear and Castrol for the front. Why? Because of living in an isolated community with really nothing on the shelves. I can order online which I may do if there are other better gear oil brands.
Thanks for any info provided!

Lyle.
use amsoil years just change mine cuz dealer said bad a nut recall feel they broke testing to hard on ! went back to ring and pinon the oil great 30,000 on it gears look great new nut works fine now ! new nut not dodge one used biger and a flange on it !

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Got the Redline products ordered. I got a Redline friction modifier just in case. If I don’t need it, well it’ll sit on the shelf.

cool, if you got the redline without the NS in name my bet is you wont need it, but reminder on the off chance you do need it you only add one ounce at a time til shudder disappears.

Don't forget to get some slippery pete pumps, make sure you get the right one either quart or gallon, whatever your order comes in.

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
cool, if you got the redline without the NS in name my bet is you wont need it, but reminder on the off chance you do need it you only add one ounce at a time til shudder disappears.

Don't forget to get some slippery pete pumps, make sure you get the right one either quart or gallon, whatever your order comes in.
Yeah I got the non NS Redline. I’m hoping I don’t have to use it, however to be safe and sleep better, I pushed “add to cart”!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
You need to pump the fluid up for transfer cases and gears, which is why you need a pump. Stop squirrel posting.

No need to pump up - use funnel and pour down i.e. hold up bottle and pour into funnel to fill.

I used the pump and funnel method. Funnel is much easier.

Or get the type you put on the bottle - just squeeze in like the Amsoil bags.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What name brand gear oil is everyone running in their trucks? I’m going to be changing my front and rear fluids soon and wanted to see what brands are the choice to go with? I am ordering the mopar limited slip additive off of Amazon and have a choice of Pennzoil for rear and Castrol for the front. Why? Because of living in an isolated community with really nothing on the shelves. I can order online which I may do if there are other better gear oil brands.
Thanks for any info provided!

Lyle.

Are there even roads that go there ?

I would stick with Penzoil if those are your options. Or Amsoil if you can get it royal purple is good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk