Gen 2 engine died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fulltimerart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A little history first, 1998 1500 5.2 automatic, with 210,000 miles. Within past 600 miles heads have been off and checked, new cap, rotor. wires, plugs, coolant, battery and oil change. Repaired bad rubber fitting on evap cannister and one other vaccuum leak and that shut off "check engine light" Has been running great until yesterday, at 65mph on interstate it "coughed" 3 times in about 30-45 seconds and died. Now it will crank, cough and not quite catch. Gas gage reads about 3/4 full but I dont know if it is accurate only driven truck for a short while. It hasnt thrown any codes but I have heard cam sensor can be problematic. Its cranking at the right speed so I don't think it's timing chain. I am going to put some fresh gas in and replace cam sensor with a new one, does anyone have any more ideas? I hope this is in the right thread, Thanks for reading and God bless. Art