Gen 3 Upper A arm swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrokedHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.7 Stoker
Has anyone tried to swap the upper A-arms off a 07-08 to the older style 05 aluminum V style A arms .
I have a 2007 Quad cab and picked up a set of SRT10 22's , the problem I am having is they rub on tight turning. The 07 upper A arm is much thicker ( looks like a old Chevy part ) the 05 and SRT A arms are a nice V shape like those on a corvette . Thought I would ask around before I dropped the cash on a set of 05 A arms , or spent hours fabbing up a custom set .

Anyone have any info or suggestions ?

Currently it is riding at stock height , I did use a 1/4 spacer on the fronts to help , but it still rubs .( for now / a mild drop is in the plans or a CTS 7" lift 2wd , I still cant make up my mind , nothing too extreme in either direction )
My last truck was a 05 Ram 3500 dually with a 12" lift on 24.5 Alcoa's with 11R24.5 tires ( 43.7 " ) which was scary to drive around town , I could not see small cars what so ever and had to use small cameras located in the mirrors to see if I could change lanes .