Generic Throttle Controller Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few throttle controllers(TC) on the market now. One is name brand, at brand prices, and a few generics priced more affordably. I read the reviews, even tested the brand name and another generic. I chose the TC that came in at $140 w/ coupon. It had been out for over 3 years. Very popular Down Under. All the bugs were worked out. 30 day guaranteed return.

Install was a simple 30 minute task. Attach the TC to the upper pedal control. Run the wires, attach the control box. Zip tie the wires out of the way. Very clean install. Truck must be totally off for 10 minutes before starting or you'll start throwing codes.

Basically the TC removes the lag when pushing down on the pedal. No more links or cables. It's all electronic now. I was hesitant if these TC's would actually replace a fast foot smashing. I'm happy to report the TC is an amazing add-on.

My TC has 4 modes, each with 9 levels. There is also an Auto mode for the TC's AI to take over, but that was no different than stock. One of the nifty features on my TC is an Anti-Theft mode. When activated the pedal is dead and locked.

I am not an engineer, I am in the medical field. I can only report how my testing went. This TC worked, and worked well. If you need 1/4 mile times, speed differentials, oil pressures, scientific equations, and the like, this section ain't for you. But if you want my honest, colorful opinion, then read on.

Auto Mode: The TC's AI is supposed to determine your behavior and adjust itself. Really? This is really some Big Brother crap. I might test this one later, but probably won't.

Eco/4x4 Mode: I don't tow or have 4x4 as this mode is made for. But I ran it a couple miles. No difference noted. Felt like stock. Just a 'meh' from me.

Cruise Mode: Just below Sport mode. Noticeable from stock to Cruise. The pedal isn't as sensitive as Sport mode. Smooth, quick acceleration. Very nice for zipping around town and blowing the doors off soccer moms. Level 9 (the highest) was a bit more spirited than Level 1, but not crazy.

Sport Mode: Now we're getting serious. I actually started my testing on Sport Level 2. I punched the pedal and away we went. Zoom zoom ****! The pedal has a touchy feel, not spongy like stock. OMFG this a fun way to scream around in a Hemi. I watched the gas mileage go down too, but hey, why do we own Hemi's anyways? Sport Level 9 was an absolute blast. Very touchy pedal, immediate take off down the highway like a moonshiner.

High Mode: Holy **** Batman! I slammed the pedal on Level 2, squealed the wheels, fishtailed the rear end a bit, made the red head yell. Big **** eating grin from this mode. Then I went to Level 9, also called launch mode. This ain't no Batmobile mode, it's Top Gun in a Hemi. Burning rubber, squealing like a pig in Deliverance, redhead screaming, children crying, and my undies damp from the adrenaline. High Level 9 can get you in some serious trouble with the law if you ain't careful, not to mention what a tree will do to you @ 99mph. One cool feature of my TC is a Over-Take mode. It's a one button High Level 9 activation for launching or passing.

So yeah, I like my TC. It's a blast. Excellent value vs performance mod. I waited until after warranty, just in case.

And no, I didn't list the name of my TC for a reason. Some members on this forum are infamous for chastising other members who don't use their brand of oil, tire, or engine maint specs...you get the idea. I made this review because I wanted to, not because someone paid me.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey!....congrats on the throttle controller......I'm sure it's just as good as the PC

& sounds like you're having fun with it
And that's what it's all about

After having one on my truck for over a year now I hate the way it feels if I turn it off

cnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are a few throttle controllers(TC) on the market now. One is name brand, at brand prices, and a few generics priced more affordably. I read the reviews, even tested the brand name and another generic. I chose the TC that came in at $140 w/ coupon. It had been out for over 3 years. Very popular Down Under. All the bugs were worked out. 30 day guaranteed return.

Install was a simple 30 minute task. Attach the TC to the upper pedal control. Run the wires, attach the control box. Zip tie the wires out of the way. Very clean install. Truck must be totally off for 10 minutes before starting or you'll start throwing codes.

Basically the TC removes the lag when pushing down on the pedal. No more links or cables. It's all electronic now. I was hesitant if these TC's would actually replace a fast foot smashing. I'm happy to report the TC is an amazing add-on.

My TC has 4 modes, each with 9 levels. There is also an Auto mode for the TC's AI to take over, but that was no different than stock. One of the nifty features on my TC is an Anti-Theft mode. When activated the pedal is dead and locked.

I am not an engineer, I am in the medical field. I can only report how my testing went. This TC worked, and worked well. If you need 1/4 mile times, speed differentials, oil pressures, scientific equations, and the like, this section ain't for you. But if you want my honest, colorful opinion, then read on.

Auto Mode: The TC's AI is supposed to determine your behavior and adjust itself. Really? This is really some Big Brother crap. I might test this one later, but probably won't.

Eco/4x4 Mode: I don't tow or have 4x4 as this mode is made for. But I ran it a couple miles. No difference noted. Felt like stock. Just a 'meh' from me.

Cruise Mode: Just below Sport mode. Noticeable from stock to Cruise. The pedal isn't as sensitive as Sport mode. Smooth, quick acceleration. Very nice for zipping around town and blowing the doors off soccer moms. Level 9 (the highest) was a bit more spirited than Level 1, but not crazy.

Sport Mode: Now we're getting serious. I actually started my testing on Sport Level 2. I punched the pedal and away we went. Zoom zoom ****! The pedal has a touchy feel, not spongy like stock. OMFG this a fun way to scream around in a Hemi. I watched the gas mileage go down too, but hey, why do we own Hemi's anyways? Sport Level 9 was an absolute blast. Very touchy pedal, immediate take off down the highway like a moonshiner.

High Mode: Holy **** Batman! I slammed the pedal on Level 2, squealed the wheels, fishtailed the rear end a bit, made the red head yell. Big **** eating grin from this mode. Then I went to Level 9, also called launch mode. This ain't no Batmobile mode, it's Top Gun in a Hemi. Burning rubber, squealing like a pig in Deliverance, redhead screaming, children crying, and my undies damp from the adrenaline. High Level 9 can get you in some serious trouble with the law if you ain't careful, not to mention what a tree will do to you @ 99mph. One cool feature of my TC is a Over-Take mode. It's a one button High Level 9 activation for launching or passing.

So yeah, I like my TC. It's a blast. Excellent value vs performance mod. I waited until after warranty, just in case.

And no, I didn't list the name of my TC for a reason. Some members on this forum are infamous for chastising other members who don't use their brand of oil, tire, or engine maint specs...you get the idea. I made this review because I wanted to, not because someone paid me.

Link?