Getting my truck to sub-6.0 sec 0-60 and beyond

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zinzara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 and with Intake and Headers/Exhaust with a 87 tune on my DiabloSport Trinity, I was able to get 6.4 seconds today. What should be my next step to get into the 5's? I will be increasing the octane tune soon. I'm interested in supercharging in the future but my wallet is a bit light and I also feel a little attached to my factory warranty. Any ideas? I'm trying to find some real bang-for-your-buck mods to do from here. If anyone has a link to a thread about what to expect out of different mods, that would also be much appreciated. I've been unable to find any.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Take the tailgate off and drop the spare tire. Watch the times drop :)

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
get a custom tune if you dont have one and run the highest octaine tune available

tuned by Jay Greene

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Do you have a 6sp or 8sp? And does it spin on the launch or does it hook?

OP
OP
Z

zinzara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been working on my launches and had very minimal spin on the 6.4sec test in 2wd. I have the 6-speed and like I said I will be increasing the octane fuel/tune probably today. But it has been less than ideal weather so I'm not sure when I can test it.

As for custom tuning, I've just been using canned tunes from DS and modifying them slightly. I'm not sure where to go around here for custom tuning.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Converter or gears. Either would be much more difficult to detect as opposed to something like a supercharger. Although with headers and a tune you'd more than likely be screwed with some warranty repairs already.

Last edited:

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 and with Intake and Headers/Exhaust with a 87 tune on my DiabloSport Trinity, I was able to get 6.4 seconds today. What should be my next step to get into the 5's? I will be increasing the octane tune soon. I'm interested in supercharging in the future but my wallet is a bit light and I also feel a little attached to my factory warranty. Any ideas? I'm trying to find some real bang-for-your-buck mods to do from here. If anyone has a link to a thread about what to expect out of different mods, that would also be much appreciated. I've been unable to find any.

Get in touch with Jay Greene, he will get you where you want to be.
Jay is amazing when it comes to tuning these Hemi Ram's