Getting truck Krown sprayed next week - anything to do before hand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotsauceED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
I assume they will drill holes where needed & spray, any special instructions for them OR things I should do before hand to ensure the best coating? ie. pull fender liners, also recall some rubber piece should be removed from between the bed & cab?

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Totally depends on who's doing the application. There's a few Krown shops in the Buffalo NY area now where we used to have to pop over the border to get it done. I didn't care for the job the one closest to me did on my 2017 Ram 1500 a few years ago, so I've been doing it myself with Fluid Film and Woolwax ever since.

Pulling the rear fender liners would be a great idea because they won't do this for you.

I do believe they'll pull the taillights. Just make sure all the screws are there before you leave. I'm 90% sure they lost one on me.

In terms of hole drilling. All they did on mine was drill one hole per door, below the latch opening IIRC. Totally unnecessary. There's two cavities to the rocker panels. Inner and outer. They didn't pull the body plugs and do the outer that I know of.

Canada Krown shops seem to be awesome. I thought that was about as routine as oil changes for you guys!

Last edited:

evanxrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Thread. Just got a 2019 Rebel used with 47000km. Did not go with the dealer rust package. Never have on 3 RAM trucks I have had before.

What do ppl do for rust proof. I have used Crown before located in Southern Ontario. Never paid attention to the process (ie. Make sure screws are in place).

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HotsauceED

HotsauceED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Totally depends on who's doing the application. There's a few Krown shops in the Buffalo NY area now where we used to have to pop over the border to get it done. I didn't care for the job the one closest to me did on my 2017 Ram 1500 a few years ago, so I've been doing it myself with Fluid Film and Woolwax ever since.

Pulling the rear fender liners would be a great idea because they won't do this for you.

I do believe they'll pull the taillights. Just make sure all the screws are there before you leave. I'm 90% sure they lost one on me.

In terms of hole drilling. All they did on mine was drill one hole per door, below the latch opening IIRC. Totally unnecessary. There's two cavities to the rocker panels. Inner and outer. They didn't pull the body plugs and do the outer that I know of.

Canada Krown shops seem to be awesome. I thought that was about as routine as oil changes for you guys!

Yes, I imagine the Canadian/snowbelt shops have to do a good job to stay in business. I know pulling the fenders in other vehicles has been a pain & they never seem to go back in 100%, maybe 99% and usually end up scuffing the fender somehow :(