Gladiator at the local dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
...but dang that thing is long!
Have to avoid thinking of it as a Wrangler with a bed stuck on.
As Jeep has been stressing, it is more a mid-size pickup to go against the Tacoma, Colorado and new Ranger. Here it is a very capable competitor.

This could well be my next pickup when my RAM lease expires in a year, especially with a manual transmission.

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking about a Gladiator for a while, Sport trim with tow package which will get you the D44 in the front. it'll be a replacement for my wife 10 Silverado crew cab , she gets the RAM and i get the Jeep :)
Will see come December if i can make it happen.

I'd love to build something like this if i had the money :)

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If I get one I’m just gonna keep it simple :uhoh2:

John, Come buy this silver one and we can share custody of it. You Candace it every other weekend. Lol

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like them and would definitely take one, but those rear doors really bother me. Looks wise and function, I really wish they designed a back door for it rather than recycling some wrangler doors. That being said I'd love to have one, definitely in a "good old" 6 speed, I miss driving stick.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like them and would definitely take one, but those rear doors really bother me. Looks wise and function, I really wish they designed a back door for it rather than recycling some wrangler doors. That being said I'd love to have one, definitely in a "good old" 6 speed, I miss driving stick.
You can take them off and slap some safari ones, or simply run it without doors. I did a lot of changes in my Wrangler unlimited soft top, stock doors, no doors, didn't want to spend $600 on a set of steel tube doors haha. Once you have tested the Jeep life you're a Jeeper for life. I need to go back to a Wrangler, they're just stupid fun to have even if you'll never do hard offroading with the thing, I'm still doing the Jeep wave by pure reflexes :)

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it was around 100k to get you a 4 door AEV conversion.
You can finally have the same starting at what 34k now days for a plain vainilla sport ? and about 60K for a Rubicon with full warranty.

Makes sense, I like Jeeps but the Gladiator isn't my cup of tea.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I will be closely watching the Gladiator EcoDiesel, that is my dream vehicle. The only reason I don't still have my 2017 JKU, is because I need a truck bed. Gladiator solves all of that.

Screenshot_20190619-172210~2.png

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can take them off and slap some safari ones, or simply run it without doors. I did a lot of changes in my Wrangler unlimited soft top, stock doors, no doors, didn't want to spend $600 on a set of steel tube doors haha. Once you have tested the Jeep life you're a Jeeper for life. I need to go back to a Wrangler, they're just stupid fun to have even if you'll never do hard offroading with the thing, I'm still doing the Jeep wave by pure reflexes :)

That's a good point, and I'm somewhat familiar with that lifestyle, only had one wrangler but promptly destroyed it in about 2 years of hard and constant off roading. I usually ran no doors/roof from around march/april til October, here's what mine generally looked like all the time:
100_2744.jpg 100_2884.jpg 101_0499.jpg

I would love to have another eventually but strictly as a toy.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@JoeCo love the pics of the Jeep in it's Natural Habitat.........LOL!

Haha thank you! I've got TONS more where that came from, like this one, in the process of making new trails:

100_3053.jpg

Nature was also more than at home inside my jeep as well, here's after the first summer when we pulled the carpet out:
100_3269.jpg

And generally what it looked like coming out of the trails:
101_0341-1.jpg

Yeah I miss those days, lots of fun, lots of money. All with a daily driver, a little younger and dumber but man we had some fun.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Haha thank you! I've got TONS more where that came from, like this one, in the process of making new trails:

View attachment 170582

Nature was also more than at home inside my jeep as well, here's after the first summer when we pulled the carpet out:
View attachment 170583

And generally what it looked like coming out of the trails:
View attachment 170585

Yeah I miss those days, lots of fun, lots of money. All with a daily driver, a little younger and dumber but man we had some fun.

I had a Suzuki Samari that typically looked just like this. It was white the day I bought it but never saw that paint again. It had a new paint color called mud.
I done an axle flip and jet ignition electronics.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a Suzuki Samari that typically looked just like this. It was white the day I bought it but never saw that paint again. It had a new paint color called mud.
I done an axle flip and jet ignition electronics.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

That's awesome! Wouldn't mind having one of those some day either, and yeah I was particularly fond of the Susquehanna River mud paint jobs that I put on and maintained for 3 or 4 trucks in a row.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That's awesome! Wouldn't mind having one of those some day either, and yeah I was particularly fond of the Susquehanna River mud paint jobs that I put on and maintained for 3 or 4 trucks in a row.

Mud bog paint job!!
Lenny Cooper, Jawga Boyz and don’t forget Colt Ford

- The Blue Mule

OP
OP
RLJ10X

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_1574.jpg Those of you that get a Gladiator, I think you're really going to like it.

The Pentastar is a great engine.

Then, you get a real transfer case.

And 2 really good transmissions to choose from

Dana 44s with either a 3.73, or wait for it........ 4.10s!! LSD is always an option.

You can drive away from the dealership. Go to the tire shop, and swap tires for 35s, and they fit! How cool is all that?!

I have the manual 6 speed in my 14 Wrangler, with 3.73 LSD rear end. You can push the clutch with 2 fingers. It's the easiest manual in the world to drive. My Wrangler with 3.73s is geared lower than my Ram with 4.10s. And it gets 21 mpg, if I drive the speed limit. Man, Jeep got this one right.

Kevin Pine

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dropped my wife's Cherokee off this morning at our dealership to get the oil changed and they had a used Gladiator on the lot already. I guess somebody didn't like it too much.