Got new rims and tires installed today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Nice! Reminds me of the Star Wars Imperial Vehicle badge... May The Force Be With You.

81wy1-VS3BL._SY355_.jpg

HM_SanDiego

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Hydro/Laser Blue CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now, question is, what should I be running for air pressure in these? Sidewall says 80 lbs max. They are Nankang AT-5 Conquerer’s. E rated, 10 ply.

unless you are loaded down and or towing at or near maximum capacity, you will likely find the sweet spot of air pressure at 40-44psi.

That is where I suggest you start, and adjust as needed from there.

when towing your rig above, I think You should be good around 50psi, +/- a few pounds - just look at how the truck sits and squats, and specifically how the sidewalls of the tires squat or bulge under load. I could see you at or near 60psi with your truck bed full/loaded, and the camper loaded full as well.

Generally, the only setup that will see 80psi in tires are the heavy duties - 2500/3500 diesel trucks, or full blown truck-tractors and the like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! Reminds me of the Star Wars Imperial Vehicle badge... May The Force Be With You.

81wy1-VS3BL._SY355_.jpg
As a Star Wars fan, I am ashamed I did not see the resemblance. Then again, maybe that’s why I was drawn to them and didn’t realize it.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
As a Star Wars fan, I am ashamed I did not see the resemblance. Then again, maybe that’s why I was drawn to them and didn’t realize it.

You certainly have an Empire Vaderesque theme to build on. If my truck would have been solid White, I would have storm troopered the hell out of mine.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I run my 20 inch at 35psi and have even wear for 5years-no towing and light loading in the bed though. Tires are still at 50 percent.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello man
I am sorry for this question that is totally unrelated to this thread, I see your RAM has the same color than mine, but for some reason the label in the door jamb is not there, what would be the color code? Thanks for your help in advance! If I recall correctly, the window decal of mine said Stinger Yellow Clear Coat.
look up the build sheet that will tell ya