grit on rear axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoonsize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Advice please....I would like to pressure wash the rear axle area. Other than brakes and perhaps a vent hole on top of the axle are there other areas I should avoid. And do I really have to avoid the above mentioned areas?
Thanks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Advice please....I would like to pressure wash the rear axle area. Other than brakes and perhaps a vent hole on top of the axle are there other areas I should avoid. And do I really have to avoid the above mentioned areas?
Thanks.
Yes. You don’t want to put high pressure around them or the gasket on the back cover. Depending on your model you have a a rubber cap on the back cover that a pressure washer will blow off. Get some good cleaner and a brush to scrub areas you think twice about

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes scrubbing with a brush, which admittedly takes longer and is more labor intensive, does a lot better job. I keep thinking about that while I lay on the concrete scrubbing upside down with crap falling in my face and all over me. Damn detailing the undercarriage is fun-----NOT ---------LOL
Jay

PatinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Scrub it with some purple degreaser, let dry, spray Chemical Guys Bare Bones undercarriage protectant on axle/diff housing & exposed frame areas, thank me later.