Ground location for radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjsmith7997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MY radio in my 2014 ram 1500 crew cab just went black a few weeks ago. I bought a new radio and hooked it up. It didnt come on right away. I had to wiggle the wires to get it to come on.where is the grounding location for the radio?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
MY radio in my 2014 ram 1500 crew cab just went black a few weeks ago. I bought a new radio and hooked it up. It didnt come on right away. I had to wiggle the wires to get it to come on.where is the grounding location for the radio?
Use this site and filter on "Radio C1" to get a pinout of your radio harness.

OP
OP
M

mjsmith7997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get that but the ground wire in the harness has to be grounded to the vehicle somewhere. I need to know where it is.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I get that but the ground wire in the harness has to be grounded to the vehicle somewhere. I need to know where it is.
That site gives you every wire and ground on your vehicle and the associated harness (unfortunately not in exploded diagram form). If you suspect a ground issue, inspecting/improving/adding grounds might be your best bet. If I had to guess, the bare metal wire in the harness is ground and if you wanted to improve it there is a factory ground location under the steering wheel are.