gun holster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
found a site for a "bad ass" holster. i got it from gum creek customz
470509_4352986097944_881739407_o.jpg

KLRpanda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got one love it... Also have a place on my seat belt disconnect side that my LCPL ruger 380 fits perfectly in... It's hidden in plain sight and no one even sees it

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
awesome!! I want one!!! The only thing I don't like is how concealed it is not. I love the easy access and mounting though... I'll check that out for sure.

OP
OP
mossyoak03

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
awesome!! I want one!!! The only thing I don't like is how concealed it is not. I love the easy access and mounting though... I'll check that out for sure.

it is pretty well concealed. no one driving next to you will see it. only people that might see it is 18 wheelers on the passenger side. if someone walks up to your truck and tries to car jack you they are not going to see it. i have went through a check point/road block and notified the officier i had a weapon and a concealed carry permit. once i checked out good and everything he wanted one for his self.

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Only thing I don't like about that is the fact that the holster is still there and easily visable to a passer-by that could decide to smash and grab when you park it and go into a store. I personally go with the "nothing to see here but a empty water bottle". I like the whole concept but having to take it down and put it back everytime I drove the truck would get old after a while. Is that a G17, 19, 22, 23? Hard to tell from that angle. All great handguns IMO.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
^^^ I wouldn't have that concern because as soon as I got out of the truck it would go with me. I think the point of this hostler is to have your firearm "readily accessible".

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice!!! is this holster 4th gen specific or would it work on other years?

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^^^ I wouldn't have that concern because as soon as I got out of the truck it would go with me. I think the point of this hostler is to have your firearm "readily accessible".

I meant them seeing the holster and wondering what other goodies you may have in your truck too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I was ready to order it a few months ago, and when I tried to they were out of the size I needed. Now....I don't even remember what size I need.

I need to get one though. I normally keep mine in the console, but that isn't convenient if I needed quick access to it.

OP
OP
mossyoak03

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Only thing I don't like about that is the fact that the holster is still there and easily visable to a passer-by that could decide to smash and grab when you park it and go into a store. I personally go with the "nothing to see here but a empty water bottle". I like the whole concept but having to take it down and put it back everytime I drove the truck would get old after a while. Is that a G17, 19, 22, 23? Hard to tell from that angle. All great handguns IMO.
its a glock 22 .40. i carry with me where ever i go so its never sitting in my truck. my windows are tinted so you really have to be looking in my window to see it.
nice!!! is this holster 4th gen specific or would it work on other years?
it works on any car/truck. the strap is adjustable. depending on what gun you carry you will have to check their website to get the right holster size.
I was ready to order it a few months ago, and when I tried to they were out of the size I needed. Now....I don't even remember what size I need.

I need to get one though. I normally keep mine in the console, but that isn't convenient if I needed quick access to it.
they have a chart on their website to help with sizing. Gum Creek - Vehicle Holster Mount, Steering Wheel Handgun Mount, Anti-CarJacking, Anti Car Jacking

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
From the picture it looks like the thumb break might be awkward on the draw stroke.

Several of my buddies just mount a kydex paddle holster under the steering wheel of the Crown Vic, or modify a left handed clip style in the door panel. That, minus the thumb break, might be a good alternative.

Its a good idea, its awkward drawing out of a duty belt with your seat belt on.

OP
OP
mossyoak03

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
From the picture it looks like the thumb break might be awkward on the draw stroke.

Several of my buddies just mount a kydex paddle holster under the steering wheel of the Crown Vic, or modify a left handed clip style in the door panel. That, minus the thumb break, might be a good alternative.

Its a good idea, its awkward drawing out of a duty belt with your seat belt on.

when i first got it i had the same concern i don't like the thumb break either i would like to be able to just pull, aim and shoot if need be. the thumb break is detachable it is velcroed on. i wish they would have used a different holster than nylon too but i love it.

triangleman29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, when you ordered your setup did you just have to order one thing and everything pictured came with it? Or did you have to order two separate things? Like the clip setup and the holster? I was a little confused looking at the website.

Firefighter315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got one love it... Also have a place on my seat belt disconnect side that my LCPL ruger 380 fits perfectly in... It's hidden in plain sight and no one even sees it

Would you mind posting a pic? I carry a little LCP .380 in my upper console now, but don't like how it is in a different location each time I open the top. Kind of hinders "easy access" too.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I was out the other day and ran across the springfield XDS .45 ACP what do you guys think about that hand gun?

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was out the other day and ran across the springfield XDS .45 ACP what do you guys think about that hand gun?

You need to shoot it and decided for yourself. I'm a big M&P fan and Glock comes in second for me because I shoot them better than Glock. I think the XD line is a good solid platform though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990