Gutted Cats or High Flow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Which pipe is crimped? The CC's are basically bolted right to the heads on the pentastar given the exhaust manifolds are cast into the heads. The exhaust piping is pretty huge IMO for a small displacement engine.

I haven't heard of anyone gutting the CCs on a Pentastar. I doubt you'd get that much of a gain out of it anyway and then you'd have to cheat the computer system to keep the check engine light off w/ catalyst inefficiency codes

Last edited:
OP
OP
SRLMARK

SRLMARK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
Its crimped pretty good right after it hooks to the head. Ill take pics later today when I get off work today.

OP
OP
SRLMARK

SRLMARK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6
Pictures don't show really how much it is pinched but its alot. Couldn't get the angle needed to show. Because I just drove home and it was HOT! This is the biggest restriction in the whole exhaust!
20200619_184511.jpg

20200619_184346.jpg

Last edited:

leowes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modern catalytic converters flow really well. If you were adding forced induction or bigger cams The flow could be a problem

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you putting a Turbo or Supercharger? If not, leave that alone. You won't feel any gains. You've at least 5000lbs or more of steel to move so 3-10hp won't really be anything you'll having a grin in your face about. Slap force induction or run some Nitrous or cam with headers and full exhaust and then you'll a lot happier and will be money well spent. Save your money for the big mods first. Then squeeze more power out of the setup if you feel doing so. It would be a lot more rewarding than doing the little mods that won't give you much or nothing at all.

Dump some weight out of your truck, it's free and depending on how much you can get rid of you can match or exceed the gains you'll see messing up with the factory cats :)