H.O. Alternator for 2018 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malarkus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Hi I’m trying to get a high output alternator for my 2018 1500. Trying to run two Memphis mojo 15’s on a RF t2500 and 4 jl c1’s on a rf t400 for the door speakers. Currently have a pioneer avh 200ex for the head unit. Also wanting to run a second battery in the back. I have done my big 3 upgrade all in 1/0 awg. Currently have 1 run of 1/0 power wire running to back battery understand I will probably need another. Total rms looking to be around 4000w.

So.... can anybody help me out w a recommendation on where to get a h.o. Alt? I also have concerns about messing up my tipm? Parts guy at the dealership said he thought it would be a bad idea to go any more amps than the factory alt had because tipm is “touchy”. Has anyone had issues w this?

Side note: I approached a local audio shop about a H.O. Alternator, actually paid them to install one from Ohio gen. I was having voltage issues after it was installed and took it back the guy said it was a voltage regulator issue and was sending it back to Ohio gen to have it changed for a different regulator. Long story short I called Ohio gen myself bcuz the guy at the audio shop was jerking me around, I think to get more money out of me, talked to Tom the owner of Ohio gen, asked what the **** was up he got all weird and said “oh let me call this guy at the audio shop I’ll call you right back” get a call from audio shop guy about 10 min later he tells me a story about “oops I gave your alternator to another customer I got it back tho and I’m sending it in right now” THAT was two weeks ago and now my Factory alt is freaking dead.

I just want to drive my truck and have it be loud enough to shake the earth a couple miles away.... is that too much to ask? So now I’m put off by Ohio gen and looking for an alternative. Help? Please?

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this one on my '16 with no problems. Fit perfect. I did have to use the factory pulley onto the Mechman.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I think you have to get a smaller belt

the smaller pulley is why it can produce more amps