Had accident, traction control light staying on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Hey guys so I had the unfortunate incident in which an ******* pulled out in front of me in an intersection. This caused me to evade around him (this is on a 70 mph road btw). Sending me off the road and eventually through a barbed wire fence. I'm fine, but the truck is scratched to ****, broken bumper, ripped out antenna, and my alignment is jacked like a ****. But also my traction control light will not go off. I hit the button to turn it off and it is not that light, it's the one that says it's engaged. Anyone know what it is?

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sorry no Idea, the OBD II might tell you if you have a reader if not pep boys will check for you free of charge.

Sorry to hear about the RAM though

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
this is probably outside my expertise, but could you have ripped off, or dislodged an abs wheel sensor?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Are you trying to avoid an insurance claim? Let the shop that is going to fix the other stuff figure it out. Like others said, could be a sensor or something else.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could very well be a wheel speed sensor (ABS sensor). Traction control and ABS work in conjunction with each other. Is the ABS light on too?

OP
OP
sbuko213

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Are you trying to avoid an insurance claim? Let the shop that is going to fix the other stuff figure it out. Like others said, could be a sensor or something else.

Not trying to avoid insurance. Just trying to figure it out.

OP
OP
sbuko213

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Could very well be a wheel speed sensor (ABS sensor). Traction control and ABS work in conjunction with each other. Is the ABS light on too?

Nope. Just traction control

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
Have you noticed any of the brakes dragging ? Drive around for a couple miles and see if any of the wheels are unusually warm near the hubs.

OP
OP
sbuko213

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Have you noticed any of the brakes dragging ? Drive around for a couple miles and see if any of the wheels are unusually warm near the hubs.

It tracked relatively straight except for the fact the wheel was at 2 o'clock

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should take it in, could have structural damage of your suspension components.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely take it to a shop and let them put a claim amount together....

But its very likely the fence could have caught the rear axle and busted the wheel speed sensor on either side or tore a wire off... Is the traction control and abs light both on? It also could have busted a front wheel unit bearing which will throw the ABS off and cause the traction control and speed control to be disabled.

But to your unfortunate incident, I'm guessing the idiot that cause the wreck gets off scott free and just drove off unaware of what they had caused.... This may sound bad since I have been burnt with insurance companies by this in the past where I swerved to miss getting hit head on and took out a sign on the side of my truck that caused 14k worth of damage, Its kinda why I now days just say hit the A-hole!!!!

OP
OP
sbuko213

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Definitely take it to a shop and let them put a claim amount together....

But its very likely the fence could have caught the rear axle and busted the wheel speed sensor on either side or tore a wire off... Is the traction control and abs light both on? It also could have busted a front wheel unit bearing which will throw the ABS off and cause the traction control and speed control to be disabled.

But to your unfortunate incident, I'm guessing the idiot that cause the wreck gets off scott free and just drove off unaware of what they had caused.... This may sound bad since I have been burnt with insurance companies by this in the past where I swerved to miss getting hit head on and took out a sign on the side of my truck that caused 14k worth of damage, Its kinda why I now days just say hit the A-hole!!!!

It was just traction control light on. It actually sat for a week because it happened on my way to the airport for a training. I started up the truck when I got back and it was off. I was doing ~70 so if I hit this guy I probably would have killed him. Didn't want that blood on my hands.