Happy with my 2015 Ram Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Havron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased a used 2015 Ram Express 2WD Standard Cab with 81,000 miles 1st part of April. I am totally happy. No engine ticks, everything works as it should. It came with an aftermarket Vararam cold air induction system. I have gotten as high as 27.1 mpg traveling country roads at 45-60 mph. Loving it. Anyone know of some aftermarket headlights that I can replace the standard projector headlights with that won’t leak or fog up? One is the old style with the black trim inside the headlight. This one is a friggin fishbowl. The other is the replacement headlight with the chrome bezel which works fine. Can’t find a matching replacement for under $300. Thanks. Also, while my iPhone is plugged into the charger in the console, with Bluetooth turned on I get no voice giving 02991DD1-3057-49B4-A772-391E55E7A384.jpeg 8ACC22F8-7B8B-4E8B-9F73-2088C7FAF681.jpeg directions when I use the gps on my iPhone. Sometimes, I’ll get the first set of directions over the radio when I first set it up, then nothing either from the phone or the radio. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Just thinking out loud, how up to date is your phone software? What radio is in the truck? You can open a ticket with RAM customer Service to find out if there are any radio updates that you might be eligible for. Might address the bluetooth communication.

Sharp looking truck!

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
I purchased a used 2015 Ram Express 2WD Standard Cab with 81,000 miles 1st part of April. I am totally happy. No engine ticks, everything works as it should. It came with an aftermarket Vararam cold air induction system. I have gotten as high as 27.1 mpg traveling country roads at 45-60 mph. Loving it. Anyone know of some aftermarket headlights that I can replace the standard projector headlights with that won’t leak or fog up? One is the old style with the black trim inside the headlight. This one is a friggin fishbowl. The other is the replacement headlight with the chrome bezel which works fine. Can’t find a matching replacement for under $300. Thanks. Also, while my iPhone is plugged into the charger in the console, with Bluetooth turned on I get no voice giving View attachment 213577 View attachment 213578 directions when I use the gps on my iPhone. Sometimes, I’ll get the first set of directions over the radio when I first set it up, then nothing either from the phone or the radio. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks

use google maps instead of the Apple Maps

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love your truck, John! I think in 09, the R/T 5 speed w/4.10s in that body style went 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, which still ain't too shabby today.

I test drove one, a whole lot like yours, several years ago . I wanted to buy it on looks alone; until I drove it.

It had the 8 speed with the 3.21 rear end. I didn't care for that set-up, and have been catching 7 kinds of hell about it since. Around here, they come after you with pitchforks if you make any derogatory statement about the hallowed 8 speed.

It's a shame they quit making those. I wonder if they might be worth something some day because the vast majority of Rams are 4 doors, or long beds.

Congrats. You chose well!

BacavilleHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a used 2015 Ram Express 2WD Standard Cab with 81,000 miles 1st part of April. I am totally happy. No engine ticks, everything works as it should. It came with an aftermarket Vararam cold air induction system. I have gotten as high as 27.1 mpg traveling country roads at 45-60 mph. Loving it. Anyone know of some aftermarket headlights that I can replace the standard projector headlights with that won’t leak or fog up? One is the old style with the black trim inside the headlight. This one is a friggin fishbowl. The other is the replacement headlight with the chrome bezel which works fine. Can’t find a matching replacement for under $300. Thanks. Also, while my iPhone is plugged into the charger in the console, with Bluetooth turned on I get no voice giving View attachment 213577 View attachment 213578 directions when I use the gps on my iPhone. Sometimes, I’ll get the first set of directions over the radio when I first set it up, then nothing either from the phone or the radio. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks
Nice truck John. I almost bought a black one, but my 2015 Express only had 4500 miles when I saw it on Carvana. I couldn't pass it up. It didn't have blue tooth so I had to buy the rearview mirror with the mic, wiring, etc.

IMG_0445.jpeg

IMG_0443.jpeg

OP
OP
John Havron

John Havron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just thinking out loud, how up to date is your phone software? What radio is in the truck? You can open a ticket with RAM customer Service to find out if there are any radio updates that you might be eligible for. Might address the bluetooth communication.

Sharp looking truck!
Thanks Dave. I’ll look into upgrades on phone software for the truck. It’s the 5” screen. No gps.

OP
OP
John Havron

John Havron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
John Havron

John Havron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love your truck, John! I think in 09, the R/T 5 speed w/4.10s in that body style went 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, which still ain't too shabby today.

I test drove one, a whole lot like yours, several years ago . I wanted to buy it on looks alone; until I drove it.

It had the 8 speed with the 3.21 rear end. I didn't care for that set-up, and have been catching 7 kinds of hell about it since. Around here, they come after you with pitchforks if you make any derogatory statement about the hallowed 8 speed.

It's a shame they quit making those. I wonder if they might be worth something some day because the vast majority of Rams are 4 doors, or long beds.

Congrats. You chose well!
Haha. Yeah. I have no idea what the difference is between the R/T and mine. But I love the 8 speed auto trans. I was thinking I really wanted a hot rod so had been thinking like maybe ‘09 R/T Challenger with the 6 speed standard trans. But, I have a nice car, ‘07 Lincoln Town Car in immaculate condition. So decided to give up on the hot rod idea and go for the practical pickup until I saw this at a dealer just down the road. After I drove it I was hooked. Having the truck will allow me to better trailer my Harley from Nashville to northern Minnesota to spend time with family and go riding with my brothers and others. Love your truck brother.

BacavilleHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Wow. Love your truck. Extremely low mileage. When did you get it ?
I got it in July 2018. Got lucky finding this one with so low miles. It still had the brand new smell inside. I had the seats
done in leather from Katskin.