Hard Brake Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this is the proper sub, please move if not.

We’ve been having trouble with our truck on some cold mornings (winter here). The trouble is after cold start the brake pedal is sometimes hard to push and the truck doesn’t stop well, if at all. After pumping the brakes it does stop and it works itself out after pumping a few times and making a few stops.

As far as I can tell it seems like an issue with the booster.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they found out about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Not sure if this is the proper sub, please move if not.

We’ve been having trouble with our truck on some cold mornings (winter here). The trouble is after cold start the brake pedal is sometimes hard to push and the truck doesn’t stop well, if at all. After pumping the brakes it does stop and it works itself out after pumping a few times and making a few stops.

As far as I can tell it seems like an issue with the booster.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what they found out about it.

Might be the plunger sticking in the master cylinder. Try brake fluid flush/replace. If no help, might need a master cyl. rebuild.

Not 1st, 2nd or 3rd? No Trophy!

OP
OP
matthewharrison
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be the plunger sticking in the master cylinder. Try brake fluid flush/replace. If no help, might need a master cyl. rebuild.

Truck only has 3986kms on it, would hope i wouldn’t have to flush. Seems like a warranty issue anyways. Only thing I fear is them not being able to reproduce the problem.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Truck only has 3986kms on it, would hope i wouldn’t have to flush. Seems like a warranty issue anyways. Only thing I fear is them not being able to reproduce the problem.

Didn't know your rig was new. New trucks should have brakes. Always. Warranty work for sure.