Hard start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gowaffles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2011 1500 ram w hemi became hard to start. If i turn ignition but wait a few seconds it starts easier. Once running it still runs like a champ. Confused.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Have you done a battery/starter/alternator check to see how things are doing?

I just replaced the stock battery from my 19' a few weeks back because on cold start it was not as quick and snappy a start (if that makes sense...lol).

I did my research here on the forum and upsized to the H8 battery size (H7 is the stock battery and is 730cca I believe).

I put in a new Interstate H8 AGM battery and now have 900cca, and she fires up quick and snappy now.

I do have an upgraded audio system as well, so the bigger AGM battery helps keep the system happier too.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you have trouble does it crank at normal speed but just not start? Or does it crank slow?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
In cold places the capacity goes down eventhough the battery life extends. A lot of guys will run larger capacity batteries like h8 instead of h7. In theory it will extend the interval when you need to change the battery out. You need capacity for those cold crank amps.

AAAAAAAAAZo%2fAYJGlGddSC4%2fs1600%2fBatteryCapLife.jpg

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could possibly be bleed back/faiing fuel pump before you crank turn key few times if it fires right up good indication fuel pump on its way out also of course check the battery ect like mentioned above.

Last edited: