Has anyone ever converted their driver seat from electric to manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So my electric seat went out and I am getting to that point in my life where everything hurts. It has been sitting in the slight gangster lean for about a year now. I can't believe the prices on a used unit. I could careless at this point if its electric or manual. Has anyone ever done this?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you considered swapping the lower cushion or is the frame damaged and/or the power adjust no longer working? There are parts available to fix almost anything on the seat.All the seats fit for the generation if you wanted to swap for non power in the front.Also, can swap covers from your current seat if you find the right seat with the wrong color/covers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you considered swapping the lower cushion or is the frame damaged and/or the power adjust no longer working? There are parts available to fix almost anything on the seat.All the seats fit for the generation if you wanted to swap for non power in the front.Also, can swap covers from your current seat if you find the right seat with the wrong color/covers.
I have an eye on a set of black leather seats, but again they are used. You can't guarantee they work or for how long will they work. Dodge pricing is 1200 bucks just for the electric seat track. If I bought a track it would be manual and then just swap the track. My seats are actually in good shape.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I saw a few of the seat tracks used on ebay for sub 200 bucks so that might be an option since used seats would also have used seat tracks.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Try a junk yard for parts and fix the one you have.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diagnose the exact issue and go to a wreaking yard and get that part or pony up for a new part. Don’t think I would want to remove the entire seat for manual just for a faulty part. Could be as simple as a relay or a switch.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Diagnose the exact issue and go to a wreaking yard and get that part or pony up for a new part. Don’t think I would want to remove the entire seat for manual just for a faulty part. Could be as simple as a relay or a switch.
Unfortunately it was already diagnosed. After I replaced the switch on the side and nothing changed. Fuse was fine. When it got its tune up I had the mechanic see if he could fix it. They jumped it and nothing its dead. I have that cloth interior with the grayish tan in the middle. The problem is I dont need a full set of interior. No one even the junk yards will just sell a seat. They all want to sell it as a set... I am going to call LKQ tomorrow and see if I can get them to sell me just a seat.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately it was already diagnosed. After I replaced the switch on the side and nothing changed. Fuse was fine. When it got its tune up I had the mechanic see if he could fix it. They jumped it and nothing its dead. I have that cloth interior with the grayish tan in the middle. The problem is I dont need a full set of interior. No one even the junk yards will just sell a seat. They all want to sell it as a set... I am going to call LKQ tomorrow and see if I can get them to sell me just a seat.
Sounds like a bad motor then. Maybe try sourcing one. Good luck!