Has anyone ever put Goodyear Nordics on Ram 1500 17" Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really liked the traction and the price of the Goodyear Nordics when i had them on my Charger R/T. So I'm hoping to put a set on my 2018 Ram 1500 but the Canadian Tire website wont show me the tire sizes available, only after i put in my vehicle info and it says not compatible. Does anyone here know what size we can get away with on 17" rims or better yet has anyone here put a set of Nordic on their Ram 1500.
Thanks

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You couldn`t pay me enough money to buy goodyear tires. I have Falken Winterpeaks, 285/70/17 on my 18 sport for wintertime. Best tire`s i`ve ever bought (in 50yrs!)
I`ve never had any luck with goodyear tires... when i bought my 18 sport new, i told them to take the goodyears off. I brought them my own tires to put on it before i took delivery.
Every goodyear tire i`ve ever had on all 5 brand new ram trucks, shook terrible. Countless wasted time going from dealership to goodyear for them to fix the square tires. Never again!

And i`ve never had a goodyear tire go beyond 20,000 miles, they were worn out!
I buy kumho`s now.... 70,000 miles before replacement! (my choice of summer tires)
I buy the Falkens for wintertime... i bought 17in wheels, then i swap the 20in summertime wheels back an forth.

I went with the 285`s in 17in to keep the same height as my 20in tires, so as not to mess with my speedometer.

Last edited:

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP -- "Shop by Size" -- instead of vehicle. They make a P265/70R17. You may have difficulties finding them this late in the season.

Goodyear makes some good tires, and some bad -- just like everyone. My current SRAs are black, round, and smooth-riding. That's the only good things I have to say about them. I haven't had many OEM tires that have been decent -- other than the Silent Armors on my '12 Outdoorsman. I've had Michelin Latitudes as OE on 3 different vehicles, and they were all garbage (worse than the Goodyear OEM tires I'e had).

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP -- "Shop by Size" -- instead of vehicle. They make a P265/70R17. You may have difficulties finding them this late in the season.

Goodyear makes some good tires, and some bad -- just like everyone. My current SRAs are black, round, and smooth-riding. That's the only good things I have to say about them. I haven't had many OEM tires that have been decent -- other than the Silent Armors on my '12 Outdoorsman. I've had Michelin Latitudes as OE on 3 different vehicles, and they were all garbage (worse than the Goodyear OEM tires I'e had).
Every SRA goodyear i had, had to be replaced several times... And 5 different times with all 4 tires on my last 14 ram truck....
so..... at least we`ve come to the conclusion, that most tires today are **** quality. Luckily, i`ve found two brands that actually have had ZERO issues with several sets now.

OP
OP
Big Bad Chad

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks for the information. After looking again and seeing that they have them in the same size as other tires that show up for my Ram im pretty sure they dont come up as a option because they are not meant for a trucks weight i guess.

OP
OP
Big Bad Chad

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at the coopers and all the reviews say great in snow and ice but they wear out really fast and uneven. How long have you had yours and are they 6 or 10 ply ?
I had run cooper`s twice on two different ram trucks, you are correct, i never had a winter tire wear out as fast as those did.
One thing is for sure though, trucks eat tires like no other, with exception to a HELLCAT or a DEMON... their tires melt in minutes.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nordics are **** tires that nearly killed my wife. Goodyear doesn’t even make them, some third party does under a licensing agreement for Canadian Tire only.

Nordic with 140km on it blew out at 110km/h in 5 lanes of traffic. Hole in the sidewall was the size of a softball, material was all deficient within the sidewall.

Last edited:

RammerHarder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nordics are **** tires that nearly killed my wife. Goodyear doesn’t even make them, some third party does under a licensing agreement for Canadian Tire only.

Nordic with 140km on it blew out at 110km/h in 5 lanes of traffic. Hole in the sidewall was the size of a softball, material was all deficient within the sidewall.
I wont have ANYTHING to do with goodyear...PERIOD. Total **** customer service and their **** products match their service.