Has anyone filled in door handle holes??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of a weird request, but my dog is with me all the time and she's always looking out the back windows. She slips a lot since the arm rest is plastic but the worst part is the space where you grab onto the door to close it since her paws slip into the holes. Has anyone filled in those holes to make the arm rest basically flat? I don't want something permanent, but I just can't think of the best thing to use that will fill most if not all of that space and will be firm enough to not push down too far when she steps on it. There has to be an easy solution, I just can't think of one. Like I said, kind of silly but if it keeps her slipping off the arm rest it'll make my rides less stressful. Thanks for any advice!

Ben

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Are you referring to these here?
3e3aea6bf8f3fcf3671e554d4b8bdd8e.png

OP
OP
M

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, but the rear doors. It's where your four fingers would go to close the door. Since I never have anyone in the backseat, I figured I can get away with somehow putting something I'm them to fill the space.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i picture flat heavy plastic or acrylic, cut to shape, and held in with HD tie wraps...

arts and crafts time...

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
get a piece of wood.....widdle it down till it fits perfect then wrap in a piece of an old shirt then wedge it in there.....prob solved

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't see why this has to be any more complicated than a rectangular piece of plastic and some velcro...

James_in_Utah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buy a swim noodle at Walmart and cut a piece to the right length and wedge it in the hole really good.

B1G R3D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wooden block would work if you had time. I feel like the pool noodle would be the quickest/cheapest solution but wouldn't hold up very long.

OP
OP
M

motley1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the help everyone! I own a doggie daycare so my dog is literally with me all the time, not just going to the park or whatever. I tried the expanding foam over the weekend and thought I had it but I used cooking spray on the foil before I put the foam in and I think that caused the foam to breakdown. So I went with the swimming noodle and it looks perfect so now it's just a matter of testing it out tomorrow. Thanks again!

Ben