Has anyone installed a spacekap Diablo service body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exeter Remodeling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has anyone installed a fiberglass spacekap Diablo transferable service body on their long bed? I am considering replacing my ARE commercial cap with one. I am a contractor and have gone back and forth between cargo vans and pickup trucks for many years. I need the utility of a van but much prefer the ride and capability of a truck. Three years ago I sold my Ford Transit van (250, high roof) and bought my current 2018 tradesman 2500; 6.4 hemi, crew cab, 4x4. I absolutely love this truck! It’s very comfortable, is very well appointed for a work truck, has huge back seats and is a beast off road and in the snow. There’s only two things that are not ideal- stopping at the gas station of course (Each cylinder is like a shot glass full of gas!!) and for the type of work I do, the utility could be better but it’s not the truck-it’s me. The truck came with the fifth wheel setup, plow package, towing package, etc. I’ve never towed or plowed in my life. I didn’t need or want any of those things but the truck was the only white one left and I got it for $39k out the door brand new so I bought it anyway. I put in a bed slide and an ARE DCU commercial cap with full length side doors and extra deep tool boxes as well as a lumber rack. It does the job but as a carpenter who also does all my own tile installs, drywall, cabinet installations, plumbing work, etc., I’ve found I really need a van.
I swore I would never go back to another van after the last one! I hate driving them, need four wheel drive (Lots of snow in the winter plus my son and I love to drive on the beach and surf fish) and back seats.
live looked into the “Spacekap Diablo”. It’s a fiberglass “Service Body” that slips into the bed and is transferable so if I get a new truck down the road, I can
slip it into my new truck as it’s universal for any 8’ bed truck. It’s got 6’3” of headroom and you can unfit it exactly like a cargo van. Best if both worlds?
I was curious if anyone has actually owned and used one?
www.spacekap.com

OP
OP
E

Exeter Remodeling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Update-I got one and installed it last week and it’s awesome! It’s literally like having my truck and a full height cargo van all in one. So far I built shelving on the passenger side and next week I plan to upfit the drivers side. I’m 5’11” and there is a ton of headroom when I’m walking around in the back. The overhang covers the rear passenger area of my crew cab and has skylights and there’s also a 40” LED light bar. It locks with my key fob and the backup camera is way better than th stick one! So far it’s the most practical thing I’ve ever owned

OP
OP
E

Exeter Remodeling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This is it. These are some shelving units I made for it which are now installed. It’s the best of both worlds- nice truck with 4wd, a huge V8, back seats plus all the advantages of a tall roof cargo van