Hate that tranny knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Remember when standard trans were shifted on the column??? Why would you ever put it in the center console? Remember CDs??? Why would you ever put 1000 songs on a device that fits in your pocket?

Really? You sound like a stubborn cry baby. Return it, learn it, or ****!!!

Really no need to be that rude. Have a thoughtful discussion like a grown adult.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone's a little touchy about secretly hating their own knob... :naughty:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Really no need to be that rude. Have a thoughtful discussion like a grown adult.

picked up a new ram on saturday, and i found the knob to be unusual. i thought that when i first heard about the knob shift until i remembered my grandfathers, 52 or 53 push button trans on the dash. looked like radio buttons. i will get used to it as will you. of course i would rather have 6 speed manual.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
picked up a new ram on saturday, and i found the knob to be unusual. i thought that when i first heard about the knob shift until i remembered my grandfathers, 52 or 53 push button trans on the dash. looked like radio buttons. i will get used to it as will you. of course i would rather have 6 speed manual.

What did you get this time.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is it wrong that I laugh out loud every time I see this threads title?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
On Tapatalk the title ends at the perfect place
739ba0fd7bba5c8f423f1a37e37460d2.png

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really get a kick out of guys ******** about the shifter style in an automatic truck. Pulling a lever, twisting a knob, pushing a button, who cares.. I'd kill for three pedals and a six speed though.

I would love a 6 speed in my truck! Nothing like banging gears!

FamilyRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Has anyone thought of modifying the trans shift knob so that you have to push in and turn? Like the top on the cough syrup? I know that would make me feel better about people (or me) accidentally shifting the tranny while driving.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone thought of modifying the trans shift knob so that you have to push in and turn? Like the top on the cough syrup? I know that would make me feel better about people (or me) accidentally shifting the tranny while driving.
You can shift while driving all day. The trans won't shift. No worries there. Even when I had a 09 sport my dog had knocked the shifter while doing 70 down the highway. Nothing happened. Any shifter these days are electronic. There just for show.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Well there is an electronic interlock that prevents you from accidentally changing gears. If you listen intently you actually hear it disengage/engage when you depress/release the brake pedal.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Someone's a little touchy about secretly hating their own knob... :naughty:

Actually, I love the shift knob. I just get tired of people ********. Like an earlier post mentioned, you knew what you were buying, spent $40,000 on the truck and are now mad at Ram??? Sick and tired of people not taking accountability for their own actions. Everyone wants to blame someone else for their issues. Especially this OP.

mattstaub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up a 2014 yesterday. The knob was weird for a bit, but I am already used to it. This coming from 14 years of column shift on a Dakota and a Silverado.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk